Subject: Rally? when? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Firstly, couldn't a more meaningful word like "rest" or "heal" have been used? At the start of the game I kept on having to remind the other players that "rally" meant "rest" or "healing". I'm aware of the word, but I'd only use it myself with the meaning of "a protest march".)

Anyway ... the very brief rules about this important action say that you can use it
Quote:

Whenever a hero successfully kills a monster, disarms a trap, or assists another hero...

We had a debate about this last situation. Does a hero only get to rest when he assists another hero and they successfully kill a monster?

Or can an assisting hero rest every time he assists, even if the monster didn't die? So a creep could hang out next to a nasty monster and get multiple heals while a true hero is killing it off for a measly one heal?

Some folks argued that the first was more fair and thematic, others that the second was the "reward" for assisting another player.

Some clarification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh found the answer while searching for something else (always the way!)

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/715017/search-rally-and-assi...

Answer was: yes you get to heal just for assisting, even if it wasn't successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
...was the "reward" for assisting another player.

These folks were correct. The rules say you get to rally if you assist another player, period. The success or failure of the action being assisted makes no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the 'true hero' in your example need not accept the assistance on the 'creep'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:
Also the 'true hero' in your example need not accept the assistance on the 'creep'.

Ahh yes, I forgot that in our game the one offer to assist was rebuffed for this reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Arnas
Brazil
flag msg tools
How about BirodinĀ“s special ability (Foe of Undeath): "Remove 1 wound marker from your hero card each time you defeat an undead monster or undead hero".

So...if Birodin kills and undead, he removes up to 2 wounds (the 1st right after the undead is dead and the other from his rally free action) ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.