Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to play this with 2 players using 4 Houses? Each player controlling 2 Houses of course.

Each of the 2 Houses under a single player's control would bid separately but would support each other and be considered allies.

Is so how did it go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with zero. I think this would work, but the game as a two player would lose so much of what makes it great there isn't much reason to play it that way unless you just want to try out some different strategies or variants or something and have a lot of time on your hands. You could find much better two player games in this time frame (3+ hours).

Honestly I have my doubts about the game working with 3 players and 4 player has a little balance issue.

What would be the combination of houses you would suggest? If you use the 4 player set up but each taking two houses, I don't see a combination that strikes me as particularly balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Wormwood
Slovakia
Trnava
flag msg tools
why not?
I was also wondering about the same thing. stark+baratheon vs. tyrell and lannister seems like a viable option (altough not so much thematically);
of course that its not going to be so complex like a regular 4-5-6 player game but nontheless if you really like the game and theme. there is no reason why it shouldn´t work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Don, IMO you'd do better to have two people play three houses each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.