Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Llahs Ramde
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The year was 1990...or maybe 1994. One of my friends had this game that I remember as being a more complex version of Risk set in Japan. It had an Asia-sounding name and I want to say it was called Shogun. I only played the game once, so my memory is pretty hazy on the details, but I've always thought it would be cool to own a copy of that game just for nostalgia.

Well, I looked up Shogun, but the only version similar to what I remember was published in 2006. Does anyone know if that game is a remake of an older game, or if there is some other game I'm probably thinking of that would have been popular in the late '80s or early '90s?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Otto

Cherokee
Kansas
msg tools
He said something to me in Chinese like, 'Boo coo sow!', sounded like some cartoon sh!t. But I understood it to be a question...
badge
Ha-ha! I threw that sh!t before I walked in the room!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikusa is also known as Shogun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EquateBrand wrote:

I believe MB lost the Shogun name due to Clavell's estate having a problem with them using the name Shogun, what with the book and all. So MB changed the name of the game to Samurai Swords. Recently, the game changed names again and now it is known as Ikusa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llahs Ramde
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
EquateBrand wrote:

I believe MB lost the Shogun name due to Clavell's estate having a problem with them using the name Shogun, what with the book and all. So MB changed the name of the game to Samurai Swords. Recently, the game changed names again and now it is known as Ikusa.
Ahh. Okay, that makes sense. I looked at that game and thought it looked more like I was remembering than the current Shogun game, but I knew the name was out of place. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.