Popular Tags: [View All]
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, there is a movement rule that says unless a nation is at war they cannot move out of their nation's boundaries. I know that there are some special exceptions, like being attacked, but does this rule of not moving until the nation is at war apply to the Nazgul?

Assumption: The Nazgul are part of the Sauron nation.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ft
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The movement restriction does not apply to companions, minions, or Nazgul, they can move as they wish regardless of the political track (for more see p. 47 of the collector's edition rulebook). Also note that the movement restriction is an army not at war cannot move into another nation's borders. I.e., armies can leave their own country so long as they don't enter another nation (more available on p. 37).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazguls also are restricted from moving into a Free controlled stronghold region. But other than that, Nazguls are free to be anywhere on the board on their own. If they are with an army, then they have a abide by the army restrictions as mentioned above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
my_game wrote:
So, there is a movement rule that says unless a nation is at war they cannot move out of their nation's boundaries.

Unless this has changed in the revised edition, this is not correct. The armies of a nation not at war cannot move into the boundaries of another nation (except in retreat), but it is allowed to move outside of its own nation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is unchanged. Armies can freely leave their nations but cannot enter a region inside the borders of another nation unless at War (or when they are retreating from a battle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my_game wrote:
So, there is a movement rule that says unless a nation is at war they cannot move out of their nation's boundaries. I know that there are some special exceptions, like being attacked, but does this rule of not moving until the nation is at war apply to the Nazgul?

Assumption: The Nazgul are part of the Sauron nation.

Thanks

Page 35 of 2nd ed rules state that companions, minions and nazgul should be considered already at war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.