Josh H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Quote:
"This one's got some wisdom to him," one of the orderlies says as he shows you a withered old Egyptian scholar who was recently committed. "It's like he seen somethin', and if you look close in his eyes, you can see it too." If you look into the patient's eyes, make a Will (-2) check. If you pass, you gain 4 Clue tokens. If you fail, you immediately go insane.

There was a point of contention in our group tonight when one of our investigators suffered a failure on this encounter.

The confusing bit for me comes from the fact that the rulebook only explicitly covers what happens if you go insane from dropping to 0 sanity. It doesn't say what happens when you're simply forced to "go insane" as is the case of this card. It seems to me that you would essentially treat the situation the same as if you had dropped to 0 sanity, but I'd like to know what people think, or if there's an official ruling on this. Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RemingtonL wrote:
Quote:
"This one's got some wisdom to him," one of the orderlies says as he shows you a withered old Egyptian scholar who was recently committed. "It's like he seen somethin', and if you look close in his eyes, you can see it too." If you look into the patient's eyes, make a Will (-2) check. If you pass, you gain 4 Clue tokens. If you fail, you immediately go insane.

There was a point of contention in our group tonight when one of our investigators suffered a failure on this encounter.

The confusing bit for me comes from the fact that the rulebook only explicitly covers what happens if you go insane from dropping to 0 sanity. It doesn't say what happens when you're simply forced to "go insane" as is the case of this card. It seems to me that you would essentially treat the situation the same as if you had dropped to 0 sanity, but I'd like to know what people think, or if there's an official ruling on this. Thanks guys.

You drop to 0 Insanity, which is the only way you can go insane. You then go through the steps of resolving that which include gaining 1 back and heading to the asylum, losing half your stuff or resolving a Madness card if using Dunwich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, at least you're already at the Asylum so they don't have to send a wagon with padded cell to pick you up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.