Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
During a game tonight with the designer the question came up discussing negative result plays. When playing with expansion teams, some of the defense dice results can be quite ugly. (One team has a -12 and some teams have all negative results on the Black dice) Certain Offense vs. Defense results can net 2 or 3 black dice rolls as the only result (+ the Play Dice of course) This could easily result in a loss of 15+ yards, if a Breakaway is also rolled you would have to roll all the Black dice again! My rule I will be playing with is that the Breakaway is a Optional result. i.e. - the ball carrier can just go down instead of continuing to fight for more yards. I also play with the 3 breakaways = an automatic touchdown rule, this of course creates some interesting choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hathaway
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the same thing happen when a Breakaway is rolled with a negative number on the DEF dice. I think some of the teams even have negative numbers on their red Offensive dice, so that could lead to some extra lost yardage as well.

After playing the rules as written and ending up with some really long losses of yardage for the the offense, I starting playing this way:

If a Breakaway is rolled on the Play Dice, only re-roll the Offensive dice.
I also like the three-consecutive Breakaway rolls = TD, rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Peters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
even on negative plays, three breakaways are an automatic touchdown. The option of going down as well. The Computer App version allows for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.