Subject: Two thematic questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been teaching EmDo a fair amount recently. People are picking up the game well, and really enjoying it.

What I'm having trouble explaining to a couple people are the justifications, the in-game experience, of some game features. So I'm soliciting ya'll's thoughts; how do you explain, thematically:

1. the difference between an action and a role?

2. why dissenting gets you a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1rr1tated wrote:
I've been teaching EmDo a fair amount recently. People are picking up the game well, and really enjoying it.

What I'm having trouble explaining to a couple people are the justifications, the in-game experience, of some game features. So I'm soliciting ya'll's thoughts; how do you explain, thematically:

Consider that the Action (or "Private Action" if you prefer) represents some of the inner workings of your Empire, while the Role (or "Public Role") represents something like a UN proposal.

Quote:

You could consider that when you dissent the public Role, you are instead concentrating on what's going on in your own Empire, and drawing a card improves your options.

- Seth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
1rr1tated wrote:

Consider that the Action (or "Private Action" if you prefer) represents some of the inner workings of your Empire, while the Role (or "Public Role") represents something like a UN proposal.

Quote:

You could consider that when you dissent the public Role, you are instead concentrating on what's going on in your own Empire, and drawing a card improves your options.

- Seth

I like these explanations. They make sense to me. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Lost and aloof are the loves of my past -- Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
1rr1tated wrote:

Quote:

- Seth

Another way to thinking about dissenting is it's like not showing up to the UN meeting. Instead of spending time there, you're working on your own projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good explanations! Also, ones I've tried. soblue

Maybe I'll just try a few rephrasings....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.