Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Chambliss
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 core sets,the Martell and Greyjoy expansions (newer 3 card format for both, and Ancient enemies chapter pack.I do not play in tournaments only with friends. I would like to have somewhat balanced all 6 deck so anyone can pick up a house deck and have fun. I deck built for the 1st time using many suggestions from card game db and the forums here but I chose my own plots. I'll post my ideas tomorrow some time but in the meantime I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on how you would build your plot cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
While there are some plots that are pretty standard for each house, plot selection is so dependent on what you want your deck to do it's hard to make a list without knowing the 'theme' of each deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Chambliss
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok when I have time I'll post my decks. They are very similar to [thread=http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207-4-deck...]These decks[/thread] but I tweaked them a bit. Also while looking for the link I just posted I found a guys with a similar question Off another thread
Jowjow wrote:
okay, so I've taken my already somewhat tweaked Core decks and made most of the plot changes Max recommended. The problem is, with the prior addition of the Fury plots, most of the decks are now a plot or two over the limit. It's kinda agonizing for me to pare them down without knowing if the decks are going to really miss the removed plot(s). When I do pull a plot, I'm keeping in mind its stats AND ability.

Considering how important it is to not overtune or undertune plot decks for the core decks, I'm hoping for some advice, re: if y'all think the plots I'm removing are reasonable choices. Here's what I've got now:

Lannister: Mutual Enemies, The Promise of Victory, Fury of the Lion, Hear me Roar, Blockade, The Power of Blood, and Wildfire Assault. Removed Planning Ahead.

Martell: The Breaking of Oaths, Marched to the Wall, To The Spears, Alliance, Fury of the Sun, Let My Porridge Fly, amd Attack from the Sea. Dropped Threat from the North.

Stark: This one is gonna be rough. Right now I have ten plots: Fortified Positions, Fury of the Wolf, Building Season, Take them by Surprise, Mutual Blackmail, Battle of Oxcross, Holding the Trident, Respect of the Old Gods, Calm over Westeros, and Snowed Under. I almost feel like I need to remove some of the really strong Stark plots (BoO, Take Them by Surprise, etc) in order to avoid this deck being too strong for the others. I'm also feeling Building Season can probably go but holding onto it for now. Advice on which 3 to pull?

Greyjoy: 9 plots to start. Rise of the Kraken, Fury of the Kraken, After the Mummer's Ford, Attack from the Sea, Drunken Allegations,
An Empty Throne, Stay of Execution, and Mutual Cause. Already removed Siege of Riverrun (don't need three claim 2 plots in this deck). I'm thinking Empty Throne might be a good choice to pare it to 7.

Targaryen: Ugh, 10 plots. Rule by Decree, Herding the Masses, Noose and Swordpoint, Counting Favors, Valar Morghulis (transplanted from the Stark deck), Mad King's Legacy, Condemned by the Realm, Power and Wealth, Calm Before the Storm, Fury of the Dragon, and Threat from the North. I'm considering pulling Valar, and here's why: when I'm trying to get six decks that are roughly competitive against each other, it seems odd to leave one deck with the giant reset. I'm thinking the other two might be Noose and Swordpoint and Rule by Decree.

Baratheon: 9 plots. Good for the Gander, Tourney for the Hand, Rains of Autumn, Fury of the Stag, Fleeing to the Wall, Storm of Swords, The Red Wedding, Summoning Season, and Uneasy Truce. Biggest drawback to this deck: NO claim 2 plots. thoughts to drop: Fleeing to the Wall. Otherwise I'm torn - all the other plots provide effects which would be interesting in melee. For the purpose of balance I think I'd like to remove four of these and replace with two claim 2 plots. Any thoughts?

Many thanks again for the thread and assistance.

Hope that helps to allow some form of advice until I can post my decks up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.