Subject: Quick question concerning set up... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with the expansion-based Broadsheet cards during initial set up? The instructions only seem to indicate what to do with them while setting up the decks from 1862 to 1865. I may be missing something, but I'm thoroughly confused. Do I just shuffle three random Broadsheet cards in with the nine and then deal out nine into a deck, carrying all of the other cards over to 1862?

Also, some of the Broadsheet cards have "year numbers" on them indicating that they are only introduced in certain years, but the rules are silent on the matter.

Any advice would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans von Stockhausen

California
msg tools
Jay,

The initial set up is actually unchanged. The new broadsheet and event cards are not added to the mix until you prepare the deck for the stated turn. For example:

1. After completing 1861 turn prepare the 1862 deck by combining:

a. The six (6) new 1862 broadsheet cards D thru I.

b. The Event Cards from the 1862 deck.

c. Any remaining (unplayed) cards from the 1861 deck.

d. Any broadsheet cards that were played during 1861 and added to the 1862 deck (per card instructions).

Proceed by following Steps 1 thru 4 of rule 14.6 in the Expansion Kit Rules.

I hope this helps,

Hans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It helps very much.

I appreciate that you answered the question personally, and look forward to more of your games in the future! I thoroughly enjoy The Lost Cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans von Stockhausen

California
msg tools
Jay,

Thanks for pointing out an area in the rules that needs clarification. I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

Regards,

Hans
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Definitely clarify this in the next version of the rules. I constantly have a sense I'm not handling this correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.