Subject: Quick ability question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mondo Peregrino
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just got this the other day and am loving it so far, but after our last game my group was left wondering if Emma Goodluck's Illusionary Charisma and Transfer Items abilities stacked. We played it as if they did, which led to a rather abrupt but entertaining endgame: The guy playing as Emma sat on the entrance tile while the rest of us fought the boss. As soon as the summoning stone got equipped, he ditched both of his useless items to steal it for the instant win, much to our outrage.

And yeah, I was the one on the receiving end of this whole transaction. My poor elf girl had a clear run to the entrance, too, and could have stomped his silly mage. To make matters even worse, one of the items he traded me to grab the stone was that stupid cursed belt. Talk about adding insult to injury!

I think we'll always play this way in the future, but we were kind of curious what the original intent was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I love the intent here, they don't stack. One can only be used when sharing a tile, and the other requires consent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbistro wrote:
While I love the intent here, they don't stack. One can only be used when sharing a tile, and the other requires consent.

Also, if I remember correctly, Illusionary Charisma mentions "any 1 treasure card", whereas most abilities refer to "treasure or artifact cards" when artifacts can be affected too. As written, Emma couldn't have convinced the other player to give her the Summoning Stone with Illusionary Charisma.

Maybe you should have won this game after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.