Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Lanning
United States
Lyndhurst
Ohio
flag msg tools
Combat

1.) How do combat bonuses work exactly? Like say I have a great general, which provides a +4 bonus. Does that add 4 to the strength total of every unit that takes place in a combat?

2.) Do army figures aid in city defense? Like say I want to protect a city, does moving an army figure into the city help? Like in the video game where you can have military garrison in a city.

Economy

1.) If a great person has a coin icon on the piece, to get that coin do you have to harvest it like it was a resource icon on the map itself?

Other

1.) What does the small oval with a +1 icon mean on cards like the Theology tech?

2.) Do card abilities that say they can be used during the city management phase take the place of the action for a city? Or can they be performed in addition to that cities action (like building an army figure)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
EvL_Gamer wrote:
Combat

1.) How do combat bonuses work exactly? Like say I have a great general, which provides a +4 bonus. Does that add 4 to the strength total of every unit that takes place in a combat?

2.) Do army figures aid in city defense? Like say I want to protect a city, does moving an army figure into the city help? Like in the video game where you can have military garrison in a city.

Economy

1.) If a great person has a coin icon on the piece, to get that coin do you have to harvest it like it was a resource icon on the map itself?

Other

1.) What does the small oval with a +1 icon mean on cards like the Theology tech?

2.) Do card abilities that say they can be used during the city management phase take the place of the action for a city? Or can they be performed in addition to that cities action (like building an army figure)?

Edward, you can find the answers already in this forum. Please do a search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvL_Gamer wrote:
Combat

Combat Bonuses are added to your remaining strength at the end of the battle. This also is true due to Combat Bonuses given by other factors such as: Buildings, Defending Cities, having Walls in Cities, etc.

Re-read the section on battles in the rulebook with this in mind and it should make sense.

EvL_Gamer wrote:
Combat

In the base game, you cannot move Figures into your own City. With the addition of the expansion, you are given the option to give up Figures to add a Combat Bonus to a specific City, if I remember correctly.

EvL_Gamer wrote:
Economy

Coins are never Harvested like a Resource. While they are in your outskirts and are not being blockaded, you automatically gain them.

EvL_Gamer wrote:
Other

I don't remember the tech card exactly but from your description it sounds like it's an olive branch with the +1 which indicates that you have increased your Culture Hand Size by 1.

EvL_Gamer wrote:
Other

They are performed in addition to normal actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingjames01 wrote:
EvL_Gamer wrote:
Economy

Coins are never Harvested like a Resource. While they are in your outskirts and are not being blockaded, you automatically gain them.

Just to clarify, coins are *not* gained per turn, but they are *maintained* per turn. So, you don't get one *extra* coin per turn, you get one coin automatically and get to keep that one coin as long as the great person is not blockaded and is on the map.

If playing with the expansion, this coin CANNOT be invested, since it is not represented by a separate coin token -- the coin is printed on a permanent marker.

Think of coins as representing GDP, not as representing available cash on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.