Subject: Anyone tried Crazy Stone 2011? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff B
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
I recently bought the Champion Go app for my Android phone, and I'm wondering if anyone has played the PC version called Crazy Stone 2011. They both use the Crazy Stone go engine, which is supposed to be one of the best AI programs for Go.

I've found the Android game to be very enjoyable, but I'm wondering if the PC version is any good. I would love to have the game available on my desktop PC, but the program is pretty expensive at $60 USD. In addition, the website doesn't give much information about its features.

I tried the Smart Go free evaluation for PC, but I'm not sure if I like the confusing program interface. The plethora of problems and encyclopedia of actual games are really amazing, but I didn't enjoy the experience playing to AI.

So, has anyone tried Crazy Stone 2011? Does it contain any extra features (such as problems to solve, tutorials) like Smart Go does? I'm really more interested in a program that plays very well, but I certainly don't mind if it contains some of the cool extras that Smart Go does. Thanks!

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.unbalance.co.jp/igo/eng/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bernd
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried Godroid? It plays very decently (it is an implementation of GnuGo).

Best

B.

P.S.: Never tried Crazy Stone 2011 but I'll have a look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.