United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
...this guy is REALLY trying hard to be a Geedub copy...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/07/rick-perry-new-hamp...

Poor, poor Perry. Not handling irrelevancy well at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

tstone wrote:
...this guy is REALLY trying hard to be a Geedub copy...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/07/rick-perry-new-hamp...

Poor, poor Perry. Not handling irrelevancy well at all.

Since most of the interventionalist neocons of the Foreign Policy Institute (the renamed reboot of the Project for the New American Century neocon think tank) and American Enterprise Institute ilk are supporting either Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum now, it matters not that Perry now wants to try to upstage 'em in oneupmanship with a proposal to re-invade Iraq. He waited just a bit to late to try to out-neocon Romney, Gingrich and Santorum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that voters will abandon him at 'literally the speed of light' (what an ignorant twat). Especialy as most US voters wanted out of Iraq.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure which incident was more damaging to a politician's election hopes - Perry's ridiculous expression of a desire to reinvade Iraq, or Linus' mention of the Great Pumpkin during a campaign speech while running for class president. Linus ended up winning that election anyway, though he almost blew it with his reference to the Great Pumpkin - I certainly hope history does not repeat itself here. Of course, in Linus' case, he was well ahead in the polls before the speech, something Perry is not, so we do have that working in our favor.

This is as seriously as I can force myself to take this particular incident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to wonder if anyone is in control at Perry Campaign HQ. From "ALL ABORTIONS ILLEGAL" to "LET'S INVADE IRAQ"...it is less about considered, thoughtful policy positions (not that there was ever a chance of that from him) and more about throwing out his idea of pandering red meat in a way that seems shrill and desperate.

Less "Vote for me", more "Notice me".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
I have to wonder if anyone is in control at Perry Campaign HQ. From "ALL ABORTIONS ILLEGAL" to "LET'S INVADE IRAQ"...it is less about considered, thoughtful policy positions (not that there was ever a chance of that from him) and more about throwing out his idea of pandering red meat in a way that seems shrill and desperate.

Less "Vote for me", more "Notice me".

Maybe he has pissed off his staff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.