Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergeant Perecz
United States
flag msg tools
mb
The Rule book says:
- (Hand icon) The Player receives this Profit only once, immediately
after placement of the Card.
- (Clock icon) Storage - Profits placed on this Card can be stored for use in future turns. They are not removed during the Cleanup

So, what does happen when player incorporates a card with multiple resources icons (or one) displayed between hand and clock icons, and card has crossed production icon?
Will player receive displayed resources as profits after incorporation?
Or it means that he can store displayed resources (received from other cards) only once?
Does storing count as action? If yes, can player store multiple resources per one action?

BTW, fantastic game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there is a Hand icon the player receives profit immediately after incorporation. Clock icon means that this profit isn't removed during Cleanup, it's stored until used.

Clock icon appears also on "storage" locations, however, it is accompanied by one more icon. I don't have the game anywhere close, but I recall that icon was somewhat rectangular with signs similar to universal resources.

As far as I know (and play) storing isn't an action and you can move resources into or out of "storage" location anytime during your turn.

And if you enjoyed 51st State you really should try New Era, which I find as 51st State: rethought, repaired and improved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergeant Perecz
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for reply.
Can player move resources to this card if there is an empty spot on it?

PS. My questions are about The New Era. I haven't played the original 51st State, because Tom Vassel crucified it, but The New Era is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I don't know why I have thought this is 51st State forum :)

perecz wrote:

Can player move resources to this card if there is an empty spot on it?

If you are speaking of storage locations - yes he can. But you can't store anything on one-time profit locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benoit petitcollot
France
flag msg tools
hello

i have a question about storage locations :

some locations with clock symbol display boxes with profits inside (such as 2 workers and 2 universal ressources for the example i remember)

some others (in winter extension) have clock symbol but no box. for example, one that allows to pay three blue and three grey ressources to recieve a 5VP token.

is there a difference in how work each of these locations ? Particulary, is it possible to store any amount of ressources in the second example or may i only store 3 blue and 3 grey ressources ? may i store universal ressources there ?

thanks a lot !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.