Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Doom: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: Buying the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found a copy Doom the board game forgotten on my local retailer, and although I didn't bought if I could get my hands on several copies of the game would I benefit from it?(I'm thinking about the tiles mostly).

The expansion seems cool and all but It seems really hard to get(cheap at least).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bingham
Germany
Herford
NRW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doom: The Boardgame Expansion Set - €69.95

www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&itemid=...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ScYcS wrote:
Doom: The Boardgame Expansion Set - €69.95

www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&itemid=...


He said CHEAP!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bingham
Germany
Herford
NRW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, compared to the amazon price of 150 euros, that IS cheap.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are asking if you should buy the base game, then YES! It's incredible and the parts are beautiful.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought two extra copies of the base game when they were on sale at FFG and have never regretted it. I haven't done much yet with them, but I intend to give one to my son, and the other I've stripped the dice out (they have the engraved dice instead of the silkscreened dice).

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I bought two extra copies of the base game when they were on sale at FFG and have never regretted it. I haven't done much yet with them, but I intend to give one to my son, and the other I've stripped the dice out (they have the engraved dice instead of the silkscreened dice).

-shnar


I was thinking more about the extra tiles, I don't really know how the game plays but I guess that more tiles are better if I wanted to take a semi-rpg route and come up with campaigns for the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Irxson wrote:
shnar wrote:
I bought two extra copies of the base game when they were on sale at FFG and have never regretted it. I haven't done much yet with them, but I intend to give one to my son, and the other I've stripped the dice out (they have the engraved dice instead of the silkscreened dice).

-shnar


I was thinking more about the extra tiles, I don't really know how the game plays but I guess that more tiles are better if I wanted to take a semi-rpg route and come up with campaigns for the game.


Can never go wrong with the extra components. And if you're using it in an RPG setting, the extra figures will be very useful too.

-shnar

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.