3 Posts

Djarhun» Forums » General

Subject: least number of cards to print rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bjsani
Iran
msg tools
I took the files to a print shop an they said printing all of them would cost anywhere between 120 and 200 bucks depending on paper and print quality.
how many cards of each type is needed to play the game? we'll never play it with more than two players.
I was considering around 20 of each of these: hero, aldun, hench, tarri...

and 40 market, treasure and spell cards.

and how will this effect the balance of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mage in Black
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You don't need to worry about quantity. All of the cards are in the jpgs for the right quantities needed...meaning...you don't need to print a jpg twice. The exception is the card backs...as you will use a jpg more than once to cover the back of the cards.

I have heard of Djarhun costing this much to print by a print shop. I was lucky enough to have access to a color laser printer so I just needed to get card stock from Walmart...print...and grab the scissors.

Is it cheaper to print B/W? It is not the end of the world if the game is not color. I just used color to help things visually when looking at strength, speed, and sorcery.

- Djeryv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bjsani
Iran
msg tools
Actually 120 is for printing the jpgs once and not printing the backs. i wanted to use crayons to draw some color lines instead of printing the back jpgs.
Also i have already printed the whole thing black and white as i have a bnw printer myself but perhaps one of the greatest things about Djarhun is its beauty which makes it better than talisman for me so i might even throw these away!
I know that the base talisman set has only 14 characters, 104 adventure cards and 24 spell cards. I was thinkin of that quantity for the first time and print the rest of the cards later but i have no idea how will this affect the game as it looks bigger than talisman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.