Popular Tags: [View All]
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
This is the thread for discussion of a FTL Werewolf game. Most of you signing up will be fresh meat, so it will be a very simple game. Once we have the people interested here I will post a rule set, go over Cassandra (the back-end system of WW on BGG), and get the game rolling.

Please reply to this post to say you are interested.

First question from your potential Mod:

Would 8pm Eastern Dusk and 9 PM Eastern Dawn be ok?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me. Let's see what this is all about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
jfro wrote:

Que???

Is that a game thing or a timezone thing? I thought the whole point of PbF is that one does not need to be online at the same time so I am hoping a game thing! If so: what does it mean???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
Aenea wrote:
jfro wrote:

Que???

Is that a game thing or a timezone thing? I thought the whole point of PbF is that one does not need to be online at the same time so I am hoping a game thing! If so: what does it mean???

Unfortunately WW PBF is not like RPG pbf. It is time sensitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, smells like fresh meat in here.

What does FTL mean and who are these people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:

Dusk is the the end of the Day phase when the final votes are tallied and it is decided which player is voted out. Dawn is the end of the Night phase when the Night orders are resolved and the results posted or given out secretly to the appropriate players.

Many players find it is helpful to be online at Dusk in case information is revealed that would cause them to want to switch their votes at the last minute, but it's not that big of a deal. As long as you say that you won't be around for dusk, then you would be covered.

There's really no reason to be around for Dawn (as long as you get any night orders in) except in the rare occasions where there would be a vote race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mb
mmesich wrote:
Yep, smells like fresh meat in here. :)

What does FTL mean and who are these people?

FTL is feel the love forum, and these people are the regulars who expressed an interest in playing WW. I am just trying to ease them in so they can get a taste for it, and see if they like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd much prefer a lynch before 4 pm EST (3 BGG). If we're doing it in the evening, could it be pushed to 9 EST/8 BGG? We could have a short nighttime and do dawn at 8:30 BGG if you're worried about staying up too late (as I would be). I put Neil to bed at 7:45-8 and so I'd be cutting it close with getting back in time to deal with claims.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if enough people want to play I can step out, of course. Or co mod with jfro. Or mod and let him play (never done that before)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mb
Dan, I only have 3-4 interested at this point, I think at least a 9'r is necessary for an intro. That is prob. pushing it. You of course are more than welcome to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beans
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
This is the thread for discussion of a FTL Werewolf game. Most of you signing up will be fresh meat, so it will be a very simple game. Once we have the people interested here I will post a rule set, go over Cassandra (the back-end system of WW on BGG), and get the game rolling.

I'd love to join...I don't know what the dusk and dawn things are. But 8PM and 9PM eastern are good for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mb
nattitude wrote:
jfro wrote:

I'd love to join...I don't know what the dusk and dawn things are. But 8PM and 9PM eastern are good for me. :)

I had a little bit about it in the first post in the main thread. Dusk is the time when orders are processed to see who has been lynched.

Dawn is when the player killed in the night phase is revealed.

I should have put it in the first post but check out

The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this will be the most thumbed WW game ever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
jfro wrote:
Aenea wrote:
jfro wrote:

Que???

Okay, there are time limits then??? What are those time limits???

What does 8pm Eastern Dusk mean then?

ie. I still haven't got an answer to what I was asking what it meant

edit: so it means game time Dusk is at 8pm EST real time then???

That is 2am for me... Not playing then, shame...

have fun guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead and sign me in if there's room. I spent a little time in the FTL forum when I started getting forum-active here and it was lovely.

As thanks, I can at least provide them with a horribly sub-optimal player to play along with and take the edge off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mb
mmesich wrote:
So this will be the most thumbed WW game ever? :)

yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mb
Aenea wrote:
jfro wrote:
Aenea wrote:
jfro wrote:

Que???

ie. I still haven't got an answer to what I was asking what it meant :D

edit: so it means game time Dusk is at 8pm EST real time then???

That is 4am for me... Not playing then, shame...

have fun guys!

jfro wrote:
nattitude wrote:
jfro wrote:

I'd love to join...I don't know what the dusk and dawn things are. But 8PM and 9PM eastern are good for me. :)

I had a little bit about it in the first post in the main thread. Dusk is the time when orders are processed to see who has been lynched.

Dawn is when the player killed in the night phase is revealed.

I should have put it in the first post but check out

The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek

Sorry it doesn't work for ya, if you want to try WW check out low complexity games in the Cassandra system. I just can not mod a game during my work day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
jfro wrote:

Sorry it doesn't work for ya, if you want to try WW check out low complexity games in the Cassandra system. I just can not mod a game during my work day.

That's okay, I had this idea that timezones would not matter in a PbF but with this it sorta does, my bad!

Like I said, have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
jfro wrote:
Aenea wrote:
jfro wrote:

Que???

ie. I still haven't got an answer to what I was asking what it meant

The way online Werewolf plays is that Day 1 the villagers all throw stones at each other (voting to lynch) trying to get any tells from the other players as to who might be a wolf. At DUSK (at this point looking to be defined as 7pm BGG/CST time) the player with the most lynch votes gets lynched and their role gets revealed to the village.

Then the Wolves have until DAWN (at this point looking to be 8pm BGG/CST) to finalize which villager they are going to eat in the night and the Seer/Sorceror have until then to finalize who they want to view in the night.

Once DAWN hits, the night carnage is revealed and the villagers go back to raking each other over the coals looking to find the evil players again.

This goes on until either the wolves are all dead or there are a equal number of wolves as there are villagers (with the possible exception of there being a hunter amongst the villagers who "defies parity" and keeps the game going.)

I think that's pretty much it in a nutshell. In general, you want to be able to be online and part of the discussion within that hour before DUSK/(lynch) when all hell tends to break loose and also be available between DUSK and DAWN in case you wind up a wolf or a seer/sorc so you can make the most of your night-actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES YES YES.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
auramine o
Bug42
Corps_of_Oa
Dispaminite
halden
Heisenberg
metzjames
mmesich
nattitude
ohgrande
polychrotid
Sigafoos
vantageGT

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7478...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mb
I just listed this game in Cassandra for sign up. Please sign up. The roles will be standard, no tricks, no items, no physics, full rule post once I have an idea of the players.

If you are a FTL'r please feel free to sign up. I can not negotiate the dusk/dawn times, so if the timing doesn't work for you I apologize in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mb
The commotion had blown over. The thread was locked, it had become to taxing on servers. The forum was born and with it came an influx of new posters; all of them hoping to find new thriends. The mood was light, the love was felt. Then one fateful day they saw the post :

"Sorry to say it gang but this is Fezziwig, jfro's guinea pig jfro was found this morning underneath a pile of paper maps and little 5/8'' counters with all kinds of different things on them. He was lifeless. From my vantage point I could not see who did this to the great food-giver, but I heard a scuffle. I think there is someone among you who feels the loathe. Watch your backs!"

This game will have 13 lucky thriends as players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you come to any conclusions about dawn/dusk times? I'd be interested in playing, but the hours of 6 to 9 est are dedicated to feeding my spawn children and getting them to bed, so I can't commit to being online during those times.

Either way, thanks for setting it up jfro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.