Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Bellaby
United Kingdom
Holme
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem a bit ambiguous about when clergymen come back in the long two-player game.

The short two player game is straightforward. The rules state the "Players get their three clergymen back at the start of a turn (provided they were all used)".

However, for the long two-player game the rules say that you play according to the two-player rules, except that it then talks about rounds (and no mention of turns any more) and, of course, clergymen can only back at the beginning of a round.

We interpreted the rules that players get their clergymen back at the beginning of a round. So:

Player A round starts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
In the two player the main difference is that players have two actions each turn. The rules say that clergy come back to the player (if they are all used) at the beginning of a turn, which is when the production wheel is next turned. In that sense it is the same as the normal game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Bellaby
United Kingdom
Holme
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Earthworm wrote:
In the two player the main difference is that players have two actions each turn. The rules say that clergy come back to the player (if they are all used) at the beginning of a turn, which is when the production wheel is next turned. In that sense it is the same as the normal game.

Thanks for the reply.

The poster missed a bit off my post. We interpreted the rules as:

Player A round starts: Production wheel turns. Player A clergymen can come back here provided all three have been used
Player A action 1
Player A action 2
Player B action

Player B round starts: Production wheel turns. Player B clergymen can come back here provided all three have been used
Player B action 1
Player B action 2
Player A action

A player's clergymen can only come back at the points I've indicated, and then only if all three have been played.

This sounds exactly what you're saying as well?

It certainly has made for a interesting set of decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
BOTH players get their guys back at the beginning of ANY round (if the condition is met that all three are placed).
In other words: Whenever the wheel turns, BOTH players check if they get them back (they do if all three are placed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Bellaby
United Kingdom
Holme
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
BOTH players get their guys back at the beginning of ANY round (if the condition is met that all three are placed).
In other words: Whenever the wheel turns, BOTH players check if they get them back (they do if all three are placed).

Thanks very much. I missed that completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.