Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching a game on Vassel as I type this and there was a crisis card that came up.

Pass +1 Jumptrack
Fail -stuff
OR
Roll Dice and on 4 or lower place some raiders.

They wanted the Jumptrack, but decided on the OR and rolled a 2. They placed the Raider, then advanced the Jumptrack.
As an observer I questioned if that was correct.. an OR shouldn't result in a PASS no matter what the roll correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card itself has a jump-track symbol. If you PASS the Crisis you actually get 2 advances on the jump track, the normal one and the one from the Crisis.

(Edit: For anyone curious the Crisis Card is Network Computers. Crippled Raider can also advance the Jump Track but does not have the choice described above.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh.. of course. Thanks.
Sorry, nothing to see here.
hehe

(I haven't actually played and trying to watch and read as much as I can.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure which Crisis that was, but likely it had a jump icon. So the jump track would advance regardless of which choice was made. If they had chosen the Skill check and passed, the jump track would have advanced due to the Crisis effect and then advanced again due to the jump icon.

EDIT: Must type faster!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.