Hide
3 Posts

Quarriors!» Forums » General

Subject: How to use 2 base games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J I
msg tools
I have seen a few people mention that they combined 2 sets in order to play with 7 people and was wondering how this affects the game. Does it make it too difficult to actually score creatures without using a range of attack variant, and how many dice are used on the cards?

We have a large gaming group that I would like to have play this game, so any information on how people have made this work would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say just play it tournament style.

Play two games simultaneously with 3-4 using each set. Then top two from each game play for championship. Losers can play a consolation game, or move on to something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes it tough to score, but it's still a lot of fun. What usually ends up happeneingis you get a few early points, then there's a dry few rounds as dice bags get stacked with more powerful creatures. It gets to be quite a bit of fun once folks start pulling out strong hands.

I do think 7 might be a bit much though. 5 works pretty well, and you can squeak by with 6 but that's starting to push it. You migh consider playing with somethign like poker chips for points and either play to a set time and count the chips, or play with a set number of chips and count down till someone is out.

This is how we play with 2 full sets:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.