10 Posts

Dungeon Run» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Underground Channel tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcelo Arnas
Brazil
flag msg tools
Ok..so I just passed by Underground Channel (im on the other side of the channel) but my turn is over.

After all others players had their turns, there are no more tiles (boss lair is already revealed) and I need to get back (im in an edge of the dungeon). Question: do i need to roll again to leave the underground channel (like..to cross again to other side of the channel to move to another tile) or its ok...just move directly to the other tile without any check roll using 1 of my 2 actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossing the Channel only has to be rolled the first time the tile was turned over. You can pass back (and forth) freely after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2d20 wrote:
Crossing the Channel only has to be rolled the first time the tile was turned over. You can pass back (and forth) freely after that.

Really? This seems quite unlikely to me.

I'm pretty sure you have to roll every time you step onto the Underground Channel or Ancient Bridge tile. It doesn't somehow become easier to cross after that.

I've heard some people who either want to avoid the roll by "staying on this side" of the Channel/Bridge or worry about having to roll twice if they already "crossed" but decide to leave the tile on their original side. People have already established that you must roll once every time you land on the tile, but not if you leave, regardless of which direction.

Re: only roll once http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8119652

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing a search through the online rules, the term "first placed" is only used with the standard dungeon tiles. You only roll for treasure/encounter the first time you enter one of those, later it's just empty unless a monster roams through it.

The special instructions for the green tiles only say "When entering this tile", and nothing about "the first time only".

In fact the Ancient Bridge description says that that if you roll successfully "you pass safely this time", clearly indicating that you will have to try again if you land on the tile again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Green rooms have effects that remain in play, though some trigger 1-time encounters when first drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Bistro, thank you for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blush I stand corrected...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Arnas
Brazil
flag msg tools
So in my example..if im already on the tile (already crossed the channel, but still in the same tile, cause i didnt have more actions to move to a new tile..or.there are no more tiles available), do i need to roll again to return?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The rules explicitly state "When entering this tile...", so you can stay on the tile for as long as you like, or leave it (in either direction), without having to roll again. Only if you left and then re-entered the tile would you need to roll once more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Arnas
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thanks Andrew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.