Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Underworld introduces five new tiles to Hunters and Gatherers. These tiles act similarly to the cloister tiles in Carcassonne. Each tile depicts a cave: an access point to the underworld where the hunters and gatherers ancestral spirits can provide nearby tribesmen with ... extra points!

(I don't know how long Imgur will retain images, so I'll describe the tiles: FFFF, FFFF, FFFM, FMMM, RMMM, each with a cave in the center.)

The Underworld tiles are shuffled in with the rest of the land tiles. As soon as a played Underworld tile is surrounded on all four sides by other tiles, the player with the most tribesmen (including huts) on those five tiles receives six points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasella
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
looks good, I like how hunters and gatherers are competing for the same points.
What do you recommend is the best way to print these images?

Thanks,

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
What do you recommend is the best way to print these images?

Ideally, you'd print the image on label paper, attach the label to some matte board, then cut apart the tiles. If you can't find label paper, you could use rubber cement to attach the printout to the board.

You could also scan the back of some H&G tiles to create images for the backs of the tiles.

And you might consider spraying fixative (or even hairspray) on the tiles to keep the ink from smearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasella
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thanks. Are the images the correct dimensions? Or do I need to size them?

Thanks,

scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clodius wrote:
do I need to size them?

The image will be the correct size at 200 dpi. If your paint program won't let you set that, scale it so that the image is 1.75" from top to bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Tronson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are fantastic! Totally going to print and stick these on some spare H&G tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los Schaboss Dragon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please list this as an Expansion - i might have overlooked it otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LosSchabossDragon wrote:
Please list this as an Expansion - i might have overlooked it otherwise.

I'm not sure how to do that, but I'd be okay with someone else listing this that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also upload that picture as a file so people could download it. That would get you some tasty geek gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norberto Leiva
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandsquish wrote:

The Underworld tiles are shuffled in with the rest of the land tiles. As soon as a played Underworld tile is surrounded on all four sides by other tiles, the player with the most tribesmen (including huts) on those five tiles receives six points.

Another variant which doesn´t need additional tiles:

1.Mushrooms and Aurochs (6 of the bonus tiles) represent 'cave paintings' tiles.
2.When surrounded a 'cave painting' tile on all 4 sides, and after scoring other possibly arrangements, the player with the most tribesman/huts remaining on those 5 tiles, earns 7 points (exactly like The Ark of the Covenant temples). Uncompleted cave paintings at the endgame score nothing.
3.Mushrooms and Aurochs still provide 2 points for the forest/meadow owner.

With this variant, completing another player's forest with gold nuts is even a more interesting decision, because it is the only way to draw a cave painting tile. Beside you give an additional meaning to mushrooms and specially aurochs in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.