Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The process for capturing a building is undefined:

Do you have to 'capture' the hexes individually? [probably because the fancy artwork makes it hard to determine separate buildings].

Can you 'capture' a hex by moving though it?

If you walk into a hex and die in a hail of Op Fire, have you 'captured' it?

Does it matter if the Americans 'capture' a hex after the Germans have 'captured' it?

Note: I think tactical games normally use the term 'control' because control of a hex is a state whereas capture of a hex is an event.

Edit 9 Jan: I suggest that the US entry area be expanded to include hexes A8 and A9, else the Tigers can shoot up US high-value units as they enter the map using the Op Fire Crawl rule and the clear LOS down the West edge of the map. The Germans could also use Final Op Fire with the MGs and the two CPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that control is a better term. I actually use that in other scenarios. I will go through the scenarios and tweak that.

Quote:
Do you have to 'capture' the hexes individually? [probably because the fancy artwork makes it hard to determine separate buildings].

Yes

Quote:
Can you 'capture' a hex by moving though it?

Yes

Quote:
If you walk into a hex and die in a hail of Op Fire, have you 'captured' it?

No.

Quote:
Does it matter if the Americans 'capture' a hex after the Germans have 'captured' it?

Yes, it does matter. They must control it. Yes, control is a better word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.