Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since my initial threads a few months ago, I've had the opportunity to meet with FFG's Marketing Manager and one responsible for Licensing Agreements, Mark Schmidt. I'm currently in the throes of producing our proposal and the artist has received the first check, providing the funding for the initial mold. If everything goes well with the mold, we should have a prototype in the not-too-distant future.

Admittedly, my level of optimism and eagerness has greatly outpaced the harsh reality of dotting 'i's and crossing 't's. Anyway, the plan is to produce a set of thematic card holders along with a Player's Plate which would allow the player to keep all essential information at their fingertips, including the Investigator's Card, depressions for the fiddly-bits (Stamina, Sanity, Clue Tokens, etc.), and slots to view the small cards vertically (exhausting them by turning them upside-down). I've sent a series of pictures to 30 other BGG denizens in the past and look forward to do more of that soon.

The Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani H
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds awesome. But I hope the dimensions of the card holders take into account the tiny bit added for those who use the card sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dani,

Absolutely! My girlfriend and I sleeved nearly 1,000 cards over a weekend several months ago. That same month, we attended the Arkham Nights Event at FFG's HQ ~ AWESOME!

This week, I'll have a chance to touch base with the artist (in Phildelphia) and see where he is with the prototype. I'm excited about this project for two reasons. First, as an AH player for the past 3 years, I really wanted to develop something for the game which has given me hours, days, weeks of fun. Second, I wanted to share this with others in the community who have definitely requested a storage/display solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so ready for this to happen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iudicium86 wrote:
Sounds awesome. But I hope the dimensions of the card holders take into account the tiny bit added for those who use the card sleeves.

Not forgetting that some people sleeve the investigator, GOO & Herald cards too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a level of OC that even I can't attain! In all seriousness, though, the Player's plate will have enough room around the edges for that not to be a problem and the "mountain" upon which you display the GOO has no border, so again, not a problem. I'm glad you mentioned it though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is definitely the level of OC I reached
I am looking forward to seeing the plates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any images we can see? I'm working on my own personal custom storage solution and these sound amazing, something I would want to have space for in my solution. I was following the original set of threads a few months back and have been waiting for new news on this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll see a picture of the mock-up we built for our business cards.

The Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.