Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I just got this classic game and I'm about to play the game. During the setup I have discovered something odd: The German Deployment Display shows 2 x Arm Eng coy for the 16th Pz Div. The next item on the Deployment chart is Independent, which shows 2 x Arm Eng coy of the 16th Pz Div as well and two more artillery companies. Checking the German Player Setup section on the page 3 of the Rules, it mentions 4 independent artillery companies and nothing about 2 x Arm Eng Companies being in the Independent section.

So I believe that the German Deployment Display is wrong, The Independent section should show 4 independent artillery companies only.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the original game. The Independents have 4 artillery companies and that's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed.

The two 150mm Artillery units (8-18-8) should replace the 2 Armored Engineer units (3-18) from among the Independent units in the German Deployment Display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Rodríguez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any body noticed that there aren't enough units (Excalibre Games Edition) for the soviet reinforcements deployment? We need 97 2-8 infantery units and there are 82 units, and we need 12 8-4-6 mortar units an we have only 10. In the other hand, we need 15 2-1-8 armor units and we have 18 (this quantities is the sum of initial soviet deployment and the reinforcements). Is it a misprint? Does anyboy know how to contact Excalibre Games? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle O'Grady
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I noticed this as well. Perhaps they are expecting that enough units will be destroyed to fulfill the reinforcements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Rodríguez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the same. Another reason for the german player to crash the soviets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio - To quote a famous sergeant major speaking of rifles, "by the time you need one, there will be plenty lying around on the ground".

The Russians get many more armor units than the reinforcement chart, because they get some every turn by die roll. (They were actually being made in the city itself during the battle, if you can believe it). Same with militia.

But there is no chance whatever of not having 15 dead 2-8s by the later portions of the game. The loss rate is ferocious.

And if a Russian heavy mortar unit on the city side of the river lives long enough to fire twice, they should get the Order of Lenin. German air and artillery normally plaster those as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I approve of this thread. I was wondering about the typo, and was thinking that I somehow lost some units. Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.