Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased the 2e, not having the 1st before. I see pictures in the gallery of some minis that the 2e does not have and was wondering if they came in the 1e's expansion, they are: ships (corsairs), Ents, others(?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes both ships and ents are expansion miniatures.

the only major differences b/n 1st and 2nd edition for miniatures are
1) the 2nd edition has different nazgul sculpts
2) the 2nd edition includes a gollum miniature

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, Galadriel, Balrog and Hunty Witchking figures, Smeagol hunt tiles, Ents, Corsair ships, Seige engines (towers/trebuchets) and Hillmen units are all part of the Battles of the Third Age expansion to the original first edition.

The new 2nd edition of War of the Ring used different rules mechanisms and tweaks to some cards and old rules to correct any play imbalance between the FP and SP. So you would not need the old Battles of the Third Age expansion with the new 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, thanks! Any idea if there will be an expansion to the 2e that includes some/all of those units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably eventually, but nothing official has been said yet. I wouldn't expect it to be anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/716473/war-of-the-ring-2nd-e...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.