Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the scenario "New Mission", the Germans have a strategy card that allows their engineers to lay razor wire. The setup makes it too risky to lay wire in front of the treeline, so I wish to place the wire in the trees instead. Although not very realistic, is there any rule that precludes me from doing this action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, why not. You can place razor wire in woods. Wire is best placed in the open, so when the squads get tangled up in it you can shoot them up. Remember, non-engineer squads and light vehicles must immediately end their movement when entering razor wire, so it's a good way to shoot them up out in the open. However, nothing is preventing you from putting razor wire in woods. Though, I would draw the line at placing razor wire in a building or something, but roads, bridges, woods, rough, hills, and maybe streams, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the rule clarification!

Well, I did wonder about buildings too. I suppose one could argue that they're placing wire around the parameter of the building and within the hex. Either way, I can't see wire being placed often in the woods and, particularly, in a building hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:
Thanks for the rule clarification!

Well, I did wonder about buildings too. I suppose one could argue that they're placing wire around the parameter of the building and within the hex. Either way, I can't see wire being placed often in the woods and, particularly, in a building hex.

Sometimes rule books cannot cover every situation, but as long as everyone in the game is in agreement before the game starts, sure, why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.