Subject: Trading Do's and Dont's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
• Is simply giving items to another character allowable? Does there have to be an exchange?

• Since the rules state that trading occurs during movement, am I correct in assuming that all trades are off once the final battle begins? Can a character who thinks he/she isn't going to make it through a Final Battle round pass off a critical item to an investigator with better odds?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can remember you don't have to receive anything, you can just give someone an item.

I also think that when the big fight begins there's a step before the fight that let's you gather your team and swap items etc in preperation. But during the fight... Defintely no trades...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook just excludes combat as a moment for trade and the FAQ says that trading is also not allowed if an encounter is currently resolving. At all other moments you are allowed to trade, including the moments between encounters and the upkeep during the final battle. Trades do not have to be an exchange, you can give items or money without receiving anything in return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
That's welcome news. Thank you for the quick replies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack M
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
TJRandell wrote:
As far as I can remember you don't have to receive anything, you can just give someone an item.

I also think that when the big fight begins there's a step before the fight that let's you gather your team and swap items etc in preperation. But during the fight... Defintely no trades...

As far as I'm aware, you are allowed to trade during each final battle "upkeep."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with everything Steerpike and Jack M said.

As a note, p. 22 of the base rulebook (Step 1 of "The Final Battle") clearly indicates that people can trade among themselves as if they're in the same location during the upkeep phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.