Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Miller
United States
New Hartford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In playing this game for the first time, the following questions came up:

In the Events phase if you are unable to counter the black die due to your low dice roll, but you have influence, are you required to use influence to attempt to counter it or is this purely optional? The rules do say that you "must counter the highest-valued black die."

Also, in this same situation, if you have no victory point chips, you simply discard the black die without losing anything (including influence)? The only penalty, then, being that you do not gain any influence from countering it.

Thanks,

Roy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen this happen, but if it does, then you would not lose anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I agree with Jack. You should not be compelling to spend influence. Do what you can and lose 2 VP. No VP then nothing to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that you can spend influence to re-roll your dice to counter black dice. I think it's stated on the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
vardamir wrote:
I assume that you can spend influence to re-roll your dice to counter black dice. I think it's stated on the rulebook.

Yes, you may. But the question was if you must spend influence to do so. I do not see where that is necessary. The only penalty for not countering then if you cannot is to lose 2VP. And since you cannot go negative, then if you have no VPs, you lose none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
vardamir wrote:

Yes, you may. But the question was if you must spend influence to do so. I do not see where that is necessary. The only penalty for not countering then if you cannot is to lose 2VP. And since you cannot go negative, then if you have no VPs, you lose none.

Yes...sorry i didn't read the question very well...
You MUST counter the highest value black dice with your own dice (you MAY spend influence to re-roll or flip your dice). If you cannot counter the black dice with your dice or PREFER not to use influence to tweak your dice value, then lose VP (non if you have 0 VP). discard the highest black dice value and do not gain influence.
This should be correct, pardon my grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.