Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

Had occasion tonight to run into a situation and wanted to see what the thoughts were on how the cards interact with each other.

Hero: Aragorn
Attachment: Steward of Gondor

Then I draw a Treachery card "Caught in a Web" which prevents a hero from readying during refresh unless you pay 2 resources from that hero's pool.

Question: Since an attachment can be exhausted without exhausting the hero, does an attachment also ready when the hero doesn't ready?

Meaning, can I attach the treachery card to Aragorn and basically have the 2 cancel each other out OR does the attachment fail to ready if the hero doesn't ready?

Any supporting documentation/rules citation would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attachments ready separate of the attached character, so you can ready your Steward of Gondor and use its resources to pay to ready Aragorn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yea, Caught in a Web gave me a tough time. I concur with the above poster, that they ready ad exhaust separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

Thanks for the thoughts. That's the way I played it when it happened. I was just glad I had Steward out on the table. Without it I would have been in serious trouble instead of just mildly in trouble that game.

Appreciate the answers!

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Caught in a Web can be quite problematic. The best way to deal with it is either to cancel the initial When Revealed: effect or to discard it using the Lore ally Miner of the Iron Hills.

Also keep in mind that, if necessary, you can attach both copies of Caught in a Web to the same hero. You would have to pay a whopping four resources to ready that hero, but it might be a better choice than leaving two separate heroes locked down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.