Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A professor at a nearby university started up a board game club recently. He's had quite a lot of success, including hundreds of people introduces to board games, and funding from the university. The collection has grown so large he cannot transport the entire thing every week now. So he wanted a way to show the entire collection of board games to people. I showed him the nandeck outputs and he asked to display the age minimum on the front of the card (occasionally someone who visits the club brings a child with them).

I modified a script to display the minimum age on the front. I also took the opportunity to replace the big question mark on the card backs with the categories and mechanics list option (it already existed to display on the front instead of description).

The plan is to print the cards and put them into a 3 ring binder filled with card displays, such as one might see in a magic card collection, and people can pick which ones they'd like to play or request for the following week.

Anyway, if there's any interest in these changes, I can upload the modified script to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here it is:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3fLiRtCSoybbjdVOWUxWDZSN2F...
Click FILE menu then DOWNLOAD to save a copy.

Here's what it looks like:

I ended up not only displaying the age on the front (lower left) but also putting the categories and mechanics display on the back, since previously it just had a big question mark.

n_and: Feel free to include this script in your full file package you have on BGG. Also, I'm working up some samples of each script's default output, feel free to include those too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.