Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
at the consume phase, in the player's tableau there isn't any consume power, does the player discard his goods without gaining anything or he just does nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
He does nothing. And if you have 3 goods but only one consume power (that doesn't let you consume multiple goods) you discard one and keep the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
thisaliensean wrote:
at the consume phase, in the player's tableau there isn't any consume power, does the player discard his goods without gaining anything or he just does nothing?

The goods would stay on the cards until used.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
If there's no consume power, he doesn't consume. So all the goods are kept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thisaliensean wrote:

When Consume happens, do the following:

IF {you have at least one usable consume power}

use a consume power

REPEAT

If you have no usable consume powers, then, you do nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry a newbie here..

if I have 2 consume powers that enable one to discard a card to gain 1 VP, is the effect cumulative that i can discard a good to gain 2 vps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thisaliensean wrote:
sorry a newbie here..

if I have 2 consume powers that enable one to discard a card to gain 1 VP, is the effect cumulative that i can discard a good to gain 2 vps?

No. You can only use as many consume powers as you have goods for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Rodríguez
Spain
flag msg tools
Nope, first you have to select the goods you're going to consume and then the card you want to consume them with.
Therefore, you would need to do that twice if you had two cards with that kind of consume power and wanted to use both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(quote)
sorry a newbie here..

if I have 2 consume powers that enable one to discard a card to gain 1 VP, is the effect cumulative that i can discard a good card to gain 2 vps?
(end quote)

I think this is what was meant?

Then the answer:

This cards allows you to discard one card for one vp

With this card you can discard UP TO two cards for 1 vp each
See the 2x in the arrow and the text at the bottom

And no, the effects aren't cumulative like you asked. You have to discard one card for each effect you want to use.
In the above example you could discard 3 cards for 3 vp when having both cards in your tableau.

Hope that helped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foomer McCloud
United States
Albany
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
countcb wrote:

This cards allows you to discard one card for one vp

Question about this card: During consume/trade, does this card let you use an extra resource for cards? Or does it give you +1 card if you trade novelties?

E.g. you have two resources on your tableau, brown and blue, can you trade both with this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can NEVER trade more then one card.

This card has one symbol as the trade bonus $: if you trade one blue good you get one additional card to the normal trade value.

The second symbol is a bonus during consume IV. Trade is already over when this symbol has a meaning because trade happens before consume. And the bonus is: you can discard one card from your hand to get 1 vp. This has nothing to do with goods.

Hope that helped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foomer McCloud
United States
Albany
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
It does, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You'll want to check the player aid sheet from the base game - remember that all powers that have a dark gray bullet (the $ in this case) are explained there (or have a similar power power that differs only by good color or number that's explained there)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.