Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player is forced to discard a card when his hand is empty, what happens?

Currently assuming no discard is therefore required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's a good time to kill off Boxcars, Poppy or Gutshot. Although it does leave you vulnerable to Rattlesnake and Manolito cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good enough. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, but does this rule also apply when playing a card from your hand and you have to discard cards as a cost (like the "Provoke Buffalo Stampede")? Does this also count as a "forced" discard effect?

Or to put it another way: can you play cards where you have to discard a card as a cost for free then, when you have no cards left in your hand? Or can't you play them at all when you have no cards left to discard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
No, if you wanna play you have to pay.
Everything out of your hand you will have to cough up the cost...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
example two in the rulebook states different but I think its a misprint / mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lengthtoavoid wrote:
example two in the rulebook states different but I think its a misprint / mistake.

This one?

"Example 2: The Colty gang player wants to play a Gatling Gun card at the 3:15 Express from Rattlesnake Station battlefield.
The cost of the Gatling Gun is two, so if the Colty gang player has two other cards available in his hand, his must discard them." (p. 5)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, it makes the discard sound like its only mandatory if you have cards to do so. I am sure that wasn't intended. There are a few other editing flubs and incomplete sentences in the english rules.

Just got this as a gift and will likely get it played tonight. If you have played any of mark's other games (like Twelve Doctors for instance) its obvious what was intended but as always, I could be wrong. Pay that many cards..then play the card. It's the card cost, not some 'if you have it' affair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
While the wording is shaky at best, the meaning of the rule is clear. If it wasn't mandatory you could just delay playing the more costly cards till later in your turn. Which would basically mean that you could always play all your cards without having to decide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PasiMax wrote:
While the wording is shaky at best, the meaning of the rule is clear. If it was mandatory you could just delay playing the more costly cards till later in your turn. Which would basically mean that you could always play all your cards without having to decide...

Agreed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.