United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Catti-Brie got to the edge of a tile and revealed the "Narrow Passage" tile. I drew a Drider, Dinin DO'Urden. I wasn't sure what to do so I placed him on the mushroom patch even though half of him is in the walls. For reference, there isn't ONE square on that tile that a 4 tile monster could fit into!

Should I have just drawn another monster or did I do the proper thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You did the right thing.. they can squeeze themselves into the smaller spaces on the board. Those narrow passages are blessings.. if you sit outside the passage your AC is normal.. they move adjacent but still in the passage and they're at AC-4... sweeeeeet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unfortunately not defined in this game. The only "squeeze" mechanics mentioned are on the Ertu Villain card. From the previous games, most "large" creatures could use this mechanic, so most of us have extrapolated that that's how it's supposed to work, all creatures can squeeze.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that he would squeeze.

I could have sworn they renamed squeeze for the drider implying that he "used" the walls...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imagine him crawling on the ceiling :-) which may be wider..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Swanson
United States
flag msg tools
My interpretation of the rules was that each monster needed to be centered on a square. I believe it mentions this with Errtu. When I went to look for it again in the rules I could not find it.

Can anyone verify how large creatures are supposed to work? Are they supposed to be centered on one tile or are they supposed to take up four tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose a square to center them on, but if the figure somehow sits on multiple tiles as a result then the monster is considered to be on all of those tiles at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Stiltner
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the problem is that large 2x2 monsters like the Troll, if they are centered on a square, functionally take up the same amount of space as the huge 3x3 creatures, such as Errtu. This seems problematic, so I think the large 2x2 creatures sit uncentered on 4 squares instead centered on 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.