Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmb
Partially reposted from the GoodGames website

Boardgame fans Sydney-wide are likely to be converging on Good Games Burwood on Wednesday the 25th of January from 2pm as John Zinser, President and CEO of AEG Games, visits the store to meet and greet fans of games such as Legend of the Five Rings, Thunderstone, Nightfall, Tomb and Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan. Australia rarely has visits from international gaming celebrities like John, who isn’t just the guy who signs the cheques, but is a game designer himself. Zinser created Tomb and worked on a number of RPGs, including the first edition of Legend of the Five Rings.

This is the closest thing you’ll get to the AEG stand at Gencon and it’s right here in Sydney. As well as meeting the President, this is a chance to take part in game demos up for many AEG games and a 20% discount on all AEG products purchased in-store on the 25th. Best of all, John will be chatting, signing and playing with us and offering insight into the future directions the games may take. He’s also bringing some promos with him to give away.

The cost to participate is $5, which will be donated to the Red Cross, John’s preferred charity.

To make the best use of his rare trip to Australia for the tournament, John Zinser asked Good Games if he could come and play with the locals and see how we do things down here.

This is an opportunity that Sydney is not likely to see again and we’d really like our donation to the Red Cross to be a big one, so put aside the afternoon and/or evening of the 25th to come along, get an RPG or boardgame signed and play something from one of the world’s biggest board game publishers with the company’s President.

AEG games available to play on Wednesday 25th January, 2pm till

Legend of the Five Rings – Emperor Edition Drafting – play the newest set a month before its full release!!
Thunderstone – find out all about the new Thunderstone: Advanced set coming soon!
Nightfall – play the newest deck-building game on the block, set in a world of vampires, werewolves and ghouls and pick up some promos.
Tomb – crawl through the toughest dungeons in the world!
Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan – a game of deceit where stealthy Ninjas attempt to infiltrate a castle protected by honourable Samurai
Infinite City – be an architect in an ever-expanding metropolis of the future.

Further discussion here or at the Good Games Forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I'd love to come, but feel I have used up all my brownie points. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
batcut wrote:
Man I'd love to come, but feel I have used up all my brownie points. soblue

I hear there's a Thunderstone expansion coming that has Brownie points in it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow! This wife trip to India is making everything difficult...but I will certainly be calling in some neighbour credits to come to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Just under a week to go, hope you've kept your wednesdays free!

I've been chatting with John via email in planning the event and he seems to be a great guy! Hope to see some of you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhiannon D
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
Crafts keep me sane.
badge
New recruit to the spoonie army.
mbmbmbmbmb
Being able to turn up at 2pm on a wednesday to events like these is one of the few reasons I'm grateful for being under-employed. I'm looking forward to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T B
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't even consider the hike from SA, but pleased something like this is happening in Oz.

CRC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnRedChops wrote:
Can't even consider the hike from SA, but pleased something like this is happening in Oz.

CRC
Well, better luck next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
I met john yesterday, he's a really nice guy and very open to discussing AEG and the gaming scene as a whole. Next Wednesday will be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
Hida Mann wrote:
I met john yesterday, he's a really nice guy and very open to discussing AEG and the gaming scene as a whole. Next Wednesday will be great!

That's, like, two days before Cancon. Is this shaping up to be the GREATEST week in Australian gaming history?

Shame I'd never be able to make it - I'd like to see if I can pick up some of the Nightfall promos I'm missing - but I'll have to soothe myself with the thought of three days of gaming, some gaming purchases and picking up lovely Maths Trade booty (plus Through the Ages) at the end of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What time will he be there till?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Two till ten. Do come and introduce yourself if you can

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I will .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I might pop along for an hour or so, Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan I'm keen to see in action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
smittenkitten wrote:
I think I will .

I heard you were there, but it was before I arrived

The night was fantastic. thanks to all who attended - John had a great time and we raised $150 for the Red Cross in the end. Good stuff, Gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't stay for the actual gaming and chatting part. I was a deer in headlights and couldn't think of anything to ask John! I'm glad the event was a success and I'm hoping to see more of this nature in future, particularly from Good Games who lovingly support the hobby through their gaming space and events/tournaments.

You made a wonderful display of stock, by the way . Thanks for organising this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.