Dave C.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In homage to darrenmac's excellent recent post titled: "HELP! I think I love GATEWAYS better than any other type of game!!"; I submit the question: Rather than him, should I be the one who's hanging their head in shame?

Why? Because I also don't have a big group of friends that like boardgames the way I do. Most games I "play" are at my son's school where I'm running a game club with the kids to introduce them to and teach them to someday love and appreciate boardgames the way we all do.

And here's the kind of stuff I'm bringing to teach them . . .

1313 Dead End Drive
Labyrinth
Battle-Cry
Clue
Break the Safe
Broadside
Carrier Strike!
Count Down
Dogfight
Escape from Atlantis
Ghostly Galleon
Key to the Kingdom
Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs
Mission Command Land
Mission Command Sea
Risk
Stop Thief
Skirmish
Stratego
Sorry!
Thunder Road

Okay, okay, now that I've hopefully fired some of you up either in support or umbrage. . . I am mixing a LOT of modern games in with these old classics, as well as some great old abstracts like Othello, Mastermind and Pente, as well as games that aren't all about some form of conflict. So hopefully the kids are getting some of the best of what's new as well as an appreciation for where it all started (at least here in the US!)

Hope you had some fun with this. Happy Gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.