United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

This Idea has to deal with anything additional to GTR's future, besides the Black Box and current Promo cards.

Personaly, I Loved the fact that the Glory to Rome team made us a part of the Promo cards by letting us think of ideas in the Rome Demands Variant Card Geeklist, thats so nice of them! and smart! Now that The Promo cards are decided, the thread has died down and our ideas and GTR theories are on hold.

What if someone continued hosting the Rome Demand Variant Cards geeklists, but the winners of these contests dont have to become real cards, So it would be titled Fake Rome Demands Variant Cards or something of the sort, This idea is about the continuation of spreading fresh ideas and discussing GTR theories and possibly new better ones. The GTR team can periodically look back at these geeklists, and if they like what they see, and they say, oh! we forgot that! great idea that makes so much sense, lets add it in the future to a new set of Promo cards!

Then the GTR team can host a REAL Rome demand Variant Cards geeklist, and add the card(s) they love on the list. Making a New promo will now be ALOT easier because for the GTR team because they have so many different and great ideas already posted and are ready be to tweaked and playtested

What do you think?

I Love glory to Rome, and i Just have the forth edition, and i think it is fine how it is, But i believe i have read something on the Rome Demands Variant Card Geeklist about with the Promo cards the game is better. So why not make this game The best it can possibly be?

And the cherry on the top, that might make this milkshake a little too sweet.

There could also be a geeklist titled Fake Rome Demands an Expansion or the legitimate Rome Demands and Expansion geeklist. In this list you could have geeks post their theories and ideas for an expansion. Okay Theres People that might post here and say, Rome doesnt Need an Expansion! But you never know what somebody might come up with, and you just might happen to Love that idea.

So What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Your so-called kung-fu... is really... quite pathetic"
mbmbmbmbmb
This could be fun, if there is also an effort to thoroughly test play ideas and note which ones work, which ones should be adjusted or which ones should wither on the vine...

If the list/forum runs for a couple of years and the number of cards considered to too large, it will be less useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
LSMB wrote:
This could be fun, if there is also an effort to thoroughly test play ideas and note which ones work, which ones should be adjusted or which ones should wither on the vine...

If the list/forum runs for a couple of years and the number of cards considered to too large, it will be less useful.

Very true! There wont be One Massive, Never Ending Old and dusty list, but maybe small ones of twenty, and the top 3 cards with the most thumbs, will be added on to the beginning of the next 20 new idea list NOTE they would not count as 3 ideas, but they would titled "popular ideas" and they will be listed before each geeklist, and Then you can Even have a Popular Ideas Showdown once you have 10 or so. And i forgot to mention that this could be alot of fun

do we need consent from the GTR team to run some fake Rome Demands Variant Cards geeklists? Im thinking yes, If no, I cannot run the geeklist, simply cause i am an ultiamte noob to BGG Plus Freshman year at College is getting pretty rough.

If somebody (or a group) could run and create these geeklists. It would make this idea come to life and we all can have fun posting and discusing GTR ideas that could maybe possibly be added to the Game to make it better, and if this person/group could playtest also? Sha-Bam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moses beard wrote:
do we need consent from the GTR team to run some fake Rome Demands Variant Cards geeklists? Im thinking yes...

No. Anyone can create a geeklist about whatever they want. Whether anyone at CGF pays any attention to it is another question.

But you probably don't want to use a geeklist. The forum is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
curtc wrote:
moses beard wrote:
do we need consent from the GTR team to run some fake Rome Demands Variant Cards geeklists? Im thinking yes...

No. Anyone can create a geeklist about whatever they want. Whether anyone at CGF pays any attention to it is another question.

But you probably don't want to use a geeklist. The forum is fine.

Alrighty Then, Should we make new threads titled, New Building Ideas? and Glory to Rome Expansion Ideas?

or just use this thread instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is your bus. Drive it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.