Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if this would be a good expansion to buy for someone who owns the (Revised) base game only? I.e. are the scenarios playable with the figures from the base set or do some require "extras"?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would work fine. Some of the tokens are mean't to implement the Shogunate as a new independant faction but they are usually good about making every expansion playable with the basegame without assuming you own everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great

Thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Hinansho yet, so this is just theory, but because over half the content is meant to make the Shogunate a full faction. I'd be inclined to say Daedalus may be a better first Map Expansion, as it is fully faction independent.

But there is no reason it can't be your first expansion, as Kevin said, it will be playable without the Shogunate characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As you can play the scenarios with any faction there is no reason to buy Operation Hinansho as a first expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.