Subject: Rule Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Light User
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Space Counting: Some cards say to place stuff d12 spaces away. When doing so, can you count through un-excavated areas? Or do you have to follow the tunnel path?

Item Attatchment: Do you have to specifically attatch items to your individual creatures? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I need to make certain.

Follow-up example/question: I have a squad of two creatures who are both capable of carring items, one of which has an shovel. An enemy creature uses it's ability (at range) to kill the creature with the shovel. What happens to the shovel?

Item States: Do items have an active/inactive state? Meaning, can you turn them on or off whenever you want? The Bone Cart is a good example. I have a single creature in my squad who has it so does he have to get stuck with the 1/2 move rate? He's not using the benefits of the cart. The Tooth of Speed is the wierdest one. It gets confusing when chain trading it. That one definately needs errata I think.

Flanking Wandering Monsters: If you attack a wandering monster and it has another wandering monster adjacent to it, will the second WM help you in flanking combat?

Ranged Subdual: Subdue attacks at range are illegal. True or False?

Protectors: I swear I read somewhere that Protectors return to their hole after they move and kill a squad. I can't find the rule so, am I imagining this? Also, they only react to squad movement so if a Protector is spawned within range of a squad they will not get attacked just for being too close, right?

Burrowing/Ghost Movement: Some creatures have the ability to move 1 hex through un-excavated areas. Can they combine this with regular movement or is this their only move allowed? Let's say I want to move 2 regular spaces, then move 1 space into the black, then back into a tunnel and keep going. Cool?

Cave Evil Rules: That is a statement, not a question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT QUESTIONS

Space Counting: Some cards say to place stuff d12 spaces away. When doing so, can you count through un-excavated areas? Or do you have to follow the tunnel path?

THE RULE BOOK MENTIONS COUNTING EACH SPACE FURTHER THAN THE POINT DESCRIBED. IT SHOULD BE EACH OPEN SPACE, BUT THERE COULD BE A COLLAPSE AND SUCH. SO COUNTING UN-EXCAVATED IS OKAY. THE FINAL PLACE COUNTED SHOULD BE AN OPEN SPACE. OR IF PLACING EXCAVATING (EXCAVATED NOT COLLAPSE) TILE SHOULD TRY BE ADJACENT TO OPEN SPACE. BUT SOMETIME THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE DUE TO TILE COUNT.

Item Attatchment: Do you have to specifically attatch items to your individual creatures? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I need to make certain.

NOT NECESSARILY. THE ITEMS CAN BE IN THE STACK OF CARDS WITH SQUAD, AND THE CREATURES CAN USE THEM WHEN THEY NEED TO. WHEN A FIGHT OCCURS THEY SHOULD BE ASSIGNED AT THAT MOMENT. BEFORE AND AFTER FIGHT THEY CAN REALLY JUST BE IN STACK. OBVIOUSLY JUST MAKE SURE ALL THE CREATURES CAN CARRY/USE THEM APPROPRIATELY.

Follow-up example/question: I have a squad of two creatures who are both capable of carring items, one of which has an shovel. An enemy creature uses it's ability (at range) to kill the creature with the shovel. What happens to the shovel?

IN A RANGED SITUATION THE ENTIRE SQUAD WOULD BE KILLED IF IT COULDN'T DEFEND AGAINST RANGE FIGHTING. BUT IF SAY A FELLOW WAS KILLED BY AN INSANITY DEMON OR SOMETHING THE SHOVEL MIGHT HAVE TO BE DROPPED IF THE OTHER GUY CAN'T ALSO CARRY IT.

Item States: Do items have an active/inactive state? Meaning, can you turn them on or off whenever you want? The Bone Cart is a good example. I have a single creature in my squad who has it so does he have to get stuck with the 1/2 move rate? He's not using the benefits of the cart. The Tooth of Speed is the wierdest one. It gets confusing when chain trading it. That one definately needs errata I think.

SADLY, IF A GUY HAS A "USE ITEM" ICON HE IS CONSIDERED USING THE ITEM WHEN CARRYING IT. THE "CARRY" ICON CREATURES COULD CARRY IT WITHOUT SUFFERING EFFECT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT "USING" IT. BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE USE ITEM GUYS ARE USING THE ITEMS WHEN THEY ARE CARRYING THEM. I'M JUST GOING BY WHAT WILL UNIVERSALLY WILL BE "THE RULE". BUT IF YOU FIND IT MORE REALISTIC AND FUN WITH A RULE CHANGE WE ARE FOR IT. THIS IS JUST UNIVERSAL RULEBOOK STUFF, DON'T LET IT STOP THE REAL STRATEGY THAT CAN OCCER.

Flanking Wandering Monsters: If you attack a wandering monster and it has another wandering monster adjacent to it, will the second WM help you in flanking combat?

THE TWO WANDERING GUYS WOULD FIGHT YOU. THEY WORK TOGETHER UNTIL ONE CAN BE SUBDUED OR HIRED.

Ranged Subdual: Subdue attacks at range are illegal. True or False?

YOU CAN RANGE SUBDUE. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MENTIONED.

Protectors: I swear I read somewhere that Protectors return to their hole after they move and kill a squad. I can't find the rule so, am I imagining this? Also, they only react to squad movement so if a Protector is spawned within range of a squad they will not get attacked just for being too close, right?

I TOTALLY REMEMBER WRITING THAT. IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S NOT IN THE BOOK. YIKES!! MAYBE IT ACCIDENTLY WAS ERASED. IT WAS IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS.

Burrowing/Ghost Movement: Some creatures have the ability to move 1 hex through un-excavated areas. Can they combine this with regular movement or is this their only move allowed? Let's say I want to move 2 regular spaces, then move 1 space into the black, then back into a tunnel and keep going. Cool?

ABSOLUTELY OKAY TO DO. THEY UST HAVE THEIR ONE IN UN-EXCAVATED SPACE LIMITS.

Cave Evil Rules: That is a statement, not a question. [/q]

HEX-SINISTER THANKS SO MUCH. WE ARE WORKING ON AN UPDATED RULE BOOK AS WE SPEAK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dragonblaster wrote:
GREAT QUESTIONS

[/b]

I TOTALLY REMEMBER WRITING THAT. IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S NOT IN THE BOOK. YIKES!! MAYBE IT ACCIDENTLY WAS ERASED. IT WAS IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS.

it is written on the emerald ssss, this guy returns to his hole after attacking

thanks for all the support
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Serapis wrote:
dragonblaster wrote:
GREAT QUESTIONS

[/b]

it is written on the emerald ssss, this guy returns to his hole after attacking

thanks for all the support

AHH OF COURSE. Great memory M. So many things written.

To answer second Question Hex Sinister. Each protector should be out of range of any squad when initially placed. The protector cards mention that if in range they activate. The Excavating Squad should be far enough away when tile is placed to be out of that range. If tile was placed accidentally with pit closer to Excavating Squad than they may be in trouble. But Players hopefully should place these correctly with pit away from excavators. If Excavators move onto a correctly placed tile they may be attacked according to protector.

There may be a chance that a Squad happens to be near protector when placed. This might activate Protector according to card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Light User
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Basically what happened is my opponent excavated the Protector tile on top of my squad during her turn and protector/pit was within 2 range. So she moved him adjacent to my squad! Then, after that squad was killed during my phase 1 she wanted to move the protector to ANOTHER of my squads within 2 spaces. This prompted my question of whether he returns to his pit after slaying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Light User
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I botched my follow up question earlier. I shouldn't have said Shovel in my example. Let's call it a weapon instead. What happened was my opponent used a shrapnel bomb at 2 range to kill my small creature (who can carry/use). I also had a surviving medium in the squad that could carry the weapon. Obviously, I didn't want to lose it so there was debate on whether it dropped. The way I understand it, you can pick up items for free but only during YOUR turn. Since I'm about to get attacked, it becomes important if I have the sword or not.

There was another incident where a Cavelisk pulled a creature out of my squad where they had a weapon. We didn't know whether it would be legal to 'switch' ownership of the weapon beforehand. It is a struggle to survive so we don't want to lose our toys =). But we don't want to be cheesy about it either.

We had some minor disagreements regarding the following:

Tooth of Speed - is a great item but it seems too powerful if Squad ll uses its ability and moves full and then passes it to Squad lV who benefits from it again. It sounds like a minor thing but in a game like this every point of movement speed is incredibly valuable. I think we will play that the ability can be used once per turn.

Dark Hunters - Combat: Always attacks. This just means they can't Hire or Subdue, right? Or does this mean they are always considered attacker, even while defending?

Shadow Serpent Lord - My interpretation is: Can ignore (once) any squad on the map for movement purposes. Basically, he can go around an enemy without stopping if he wants. Is this correct?

Greater Crud - Ranged: Attack 3 space radius. There was some disagreement whether this was an AREA attack on multiple squads or just a regular range 3 attack.

Demon Prince - Immune to weapon (enemy weapon attribute is 0). Does the enemy get to roll a d12?

Shrapnel Bomb - Can you use a bomb on your opponent's turn?

Stabbist - Just when I think I have this one figured out? No... Okay, I give up lol. The rules addendum sheet just made me more confused. And while you're at it, can you please explain Opposition Mirror?

Opposition Mirror - In combat, choose 3 new attributes to roll for each fight round.

I think that covers it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The items are simply part of the squad so they could stay and leave with either part of the squad as long as the chosen one could carry/use them.
there is no real ownership inside a squad other than the squad itself. so u could keep your weapons.

Dark Hunters - he is always considered attacker, even while defending! so he can subdue and hire, as those are different actions than attack.

Shadow Serpent Lord should be correct

Demon Prince we never rolled for this, but i can not confirm its the right way

(4/6 right...quite good^^ cancelled the wrong ones)

Greater Crud

Stabbist

Opposition Mirror

I'm also interested in clarification of those three, the answers above are just my opinion of the cards.

a question of mine relative to yours:
Protectors They are immediately activated when the pit is placed in range 2 of a squad. Now when it is not that players turn, do they attack by them self or do you have to wait till your next turn to fight them at phase 1?

an other one just hit my mind:
necro assistant we had a discussion on it, if it will reduce the cost of lets say the start-necromonk to zero, interested in hearing whether I was right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I botched my follow up question earlier. I shouldn't have said Shovel in my example. Let's call it a weapon instead. What happened was my opponent used a shrapnel bomb at 2 range to kill my small creature (who can carry/use). I also had a surviving medium in the squad that could carry the weapon. Obviously, I didn't want to lose it so there was debate on whether it dropped. The way I understand it, you can pick up items for free but only during YOUR turn. Since I'm about to get attacked, it becomes important if I have the sword or not.

IF YOU WERE KILLED DUE TO BOMB THE ITEM WOULD STILL BE IN THAT SQUAD ON THE SAME SPACE. THE OTHER CREATURES COULD USE IT IF ABLE TO. THE WEAPON ISN'T REALLY ASSIGNED TO ANYONE UNTIL COMBAT OR SUBDUE ARISES. IF THE GUY WAS ADJACENT THEN HE WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM. HE CAN'T PASS TO ANOTHER GUY IF IT WAS NOT ITS TURN. THE MINUTE YOUR TURN BEGINS YOU CAN PASS STUFF IF ADJACENT. I WILL TRY TO MAKE THIS MORE CLEAR IN RULE REWRITE.

There was another incident where a Cavelisk pulled a creature out of my squad where they had a weapon. We didn't know whether it would be legal to 'switch' ownership of the weapon beforehand. It is a struggle to survive so we don't want to lose our toys =). But we don't want to be cheesy about it either.

BEING IN THE SAME SQUAD, YOU CAN TAKE SWITCH WEAPONS AROUND AS YOU LIKE. THEY DON'T NEED TO BE ASSIGNED NECESSARILY. WHEN A COMBAT OR SUBDUE OCCURS THEY DO NEED TO BE ASSIGNED TO USE OTHER THAN THAT IT CAN BE SWITCHED AROUND.

We had some minor disagreements regarding the following:

Tooth of Speed - is a great item but it seems too powerful if Squad ll uses its ability and moves full and then passes it to Squad lV who benefits from it again. It sounds like a minor thing but in a game like this every point of movement speed is incredibly valuable. I think we will play that the ability can be used once per turn.

WE COMPLETELY APOLOGIZE FOR NOT HAVING THIS IN THE RULE BOOK. WE ARE PUTTING IT INTO THE REWRITE BUT ITEMS. BUT "ITEMS CAN ONLY BE USED BY ONE CREATURE PER TURN. I CAN SEE HOW THIS WAS OVERLOOKED WE ASSUMED PEOPLE WOULD KNOW THIS, BUT THE RULE WAS NEVER STATED. SO AN ITEM MAY ONLY BE USED BY ONE CREATURE PER TURN.

A QUESTION MAY ARISE, WHAT HAPPENS IF ANOTHER PLAYER IS ATTACKING YOU MORE THAN ONCE ON HIS TURN CAN YOU SWITCH WEAPONS WITHIN A SQUAD FOR EACH ATTACK? I THINK THIS WOULD BE OKAY AS IT IS NOT YOUR TURN. BUT NO ITEM CAN BE PASSED IF IT IS NOT YOUR TURN.

Dark Hunters - Combat: Always attacks. This just means they can't Hire or Subdue, right? Or does this mean they are always considered attacker, even while defending?

IT JUST MEANS IN COMBAT IT ALWAYS CHOOSES 1ST ATTRIBUTE. EVEN IF DEFENDING. IF ANOTHER CREATURE WITH THE SAME ABILITY ATTACKED IT CAN CANCEL DARK HUNTERS ABILITY. IT CAN HIRE AND SUBDUE. SINCE SUBDUE IS A COMBAT PROCEDURE IT MAY USE IT'S ABILITY.

Shadow Serpent Lord - My interpretation is: Can ignore (once) any squad on the map for movement purposes. Basically, he can go around an enemy without stopping if he wants. Is this correct?

CORRECT

Greater Crud - Ranged: Attack 3 space radius. There was some disagreement whether this was an AREA attack on multiple squads or just a regular range 3 attack.

THIS WAS POORLY STATED, BUT IT MEANS A REGULAR RANGE ATTACK BUT IT DOESN'T SUFFER FROM LINE OF SITE ISSUE (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN STATED) THUS THE RADIUS.

Demon Prince - Immune to weapon (enemy weapon attribute is 0). Does the enemy get to roll a d12?

ENEMY ATTRIBUTE IS 0 BUT STILL ROLLS

Shrapnel Bomb - Can you use a bomb on your opponent's turn?

YES IF ENGAGED. NOT IF HE IS WALKING WITHIN RANGE. ONLY IF ENGAGED INTO COMBAT.

Stabbist - Just when I think I have this one figured out? No... Okay, I give up lol. The rules addendum sheet just made me more confused. And while you're at it, can you please explain Opposition Mirror?

UNDERSTANDABLE. I EXPLAIN THIS OFTEN AND STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT THE BEST WAY TO WRITE IT.

STABBIST (ONLY WHEN DEFENDING) CAN CHOOSE ANY ATTRIBUTE IT LIKES. EACH ONE MUST BE DIFFERENT BUT THE STABBIST PLAYER CAN IGNORE ANY CHOICE THE ATTACKER MAKES. THE 2ND ROUND OF FIGHTING THE DEFENDER CAN CHOOSE AN ATTRIBUTE. THE ATTACKER MUST ROLL WHATEVER THE STABBIST PLAYER CHOOSES THIS SECOND ROUND. IF A 3RD ROUND OF FIGHTING OCCURS. THE ATTACKER MUST CHOOSE AN ATTRIBUTE ADJACENT TO THE FIRST ONE HE CHOOSE (IF IT HASN'T BEEN USED) THE STABBIST CAN AGAIN CHOOSE ANY ATTRIBUTE THAT HAS NOT BEEN CHOSEN.

OPPOSITION MIRROR IS MUCH LIKE THE STABBIST. THE PLAYER USING THE MIRROR CAN IGNORE THE OTHER PLAYER. IF AN ATTACKER WERE TO PLAY THE MIRROR THE DEFENDER MUST MAKE A CHOICE FOR THE 2ND FIGHT ROUND BASED ON THE ATTACKERS INITIAL CHOICE, BUT THE ATTACKER USING THE MIRROR CAN CHOOSE WHATEVER THEY LIKE. AND THE FINAL ATTRIBUTE FOR THE DEFENDER WOULD BE THE FINAL ADJACENT ATTRIBUTE AS PER NORMAL FIGHTING, BUT THE MIRROR PLAYER CAN CHOOSE ANYTHING.

Opposition Mirror - In combat, choose 3 new attributes to roll for each fight round.

I think that covers it![/q]

THESE ARE GREAT QUESTIONS. IT'S HELPING US SEE RULES THAT WERE CONFUSING SO WE CAN MAKE A BETTER RULEBOOK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The items are simply part of the squad so they could stay and leave with either part of the squad as long as the chosen one could carry/use them.
there is no real ownership inside a squad other than the squad itself. so u could keep your weapons.

Tooth of Speed - yes this one is very powerfull, and i think i've read it somewhere that it could be used the way you wrote. But your party could easily decide in an other way for itself.

Dark Hunters - he is always considered attacker, even while defending! so he can subdue and hire, as those are different actions than attack.

Shadow Serpent Lord should be correct

Demon Prince we never rolled for this, but i can not confirm its the right way

Shrapnel Bomb
- you could use any item instantly even in your opponents turn, as it is no action (all actions are described on the back of the rulebook)

Greater Crud

Stabbist

Opposition Mirror

I'm also interested in clarification of those three, the answers above are just my opinion of the cards.

a question of mine relative to yours:
Protectors They are immediately activated when the pit is placed in range 2 of a squad. Now when it is not that players turn, do they attack by them self or do you have to wait till your next turn to fight them at phase 1?

IF SOMEHOW A SQUAD WAS PUSHED INTO RANGE OR HAPPENED TO BE IN RANGE WHEN PROTECTOR IS PLACED THEN IT WOULD ACTIVATE AND PLAYER MUST FIGHT AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR TURN.

an other one just hit my mind:
necro assistant we had a discussion on it, if it will reduce the cost of lets say the start-necromonk to zero, interested in hearing whether I was right.
[/q]

YES. HE CREATES DISCOUNTS. SOMETHINGS COULD BE FREE BECAUSE OF HIM. HE HAS THE PARTS ON HIM THAT A NECROMANCER WOULD NEED TO BUILD OR BUY STUFF. BUT HE ONLY GIVES A DISCOUNT ON ONE OF THE RESOURCE VALUES. SO A NECROMONK WOULD STILL COST 2 RESOURCES, BUT A SHODDY ABOMINATION WOULD BE FREE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Light User
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
dragonblaster wrote:
BUT "ITEMS CAN ONLY BE USED BY ONE CREATURE PER TURN. I CAN SEE HOW THIS WAS OVERLOOKED WE ASSUMED PEOPLE WOULD KNOW THIS

Heh, well my girlfriend is cunning and tricky and will exploit whatever possible to slaughter me. What can I say laugh
Having this rule will eliminate potential bickering in some groups who are very cutthroat. Better to have official answers than to disrupt gameplay/slayings with rule debates.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer and clear up some ambiguities. I feel like I have a solid grasp of it all now. Can't wait for our next game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the Questions. We should have variants coming very soon as well.

On last thing to Martin Donat's question. I should have said regarding the Necro Assistant. He only makes a one resource discount, NOT on of each resource discount. But some cards will still be free with this guy. A shoddy abomination would be free, but not a Necromonk. A necromonk would still cost 2 resources. I edited my answer above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
uh, I preferred the meaning of any=all much more, because of the high cost of the Assistant =/ misleading language

so regarding to this: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/724565/rules-question-regard... does the Maw of Transcendence also eat only one? either small or Medium? or all? if it eats all you should maybe change the text of the assistant a little

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh. Totally understand. It was intended to mean just one resource cost, but I too thought he has expensive. We priced him based on carrying 4 items, using 2, small, and spellcaster. He can make a deadly squad, especially stacked with Necromancer. (A regular Necromancer squad could hold 6 things, use 4 of the them and still stack another creature. If he could lessen cost of every resource cost he'd be very powerful. but if you prefer that ability please play that way and let us know if it works out to be fair.

Because Maw can eat all mediums and Smalls before a fight, and if he can eat any and all smalls and mediums than I can see why you'd think Necro Assistant gets a discount on any (and all) resource cost.

We calculated cost based on a size, amount a creature could carry/use, spellcaster, ability, attributes and so on. Necro Assistant cost calculated to 8 value at the time.

Please play the way you prefer in this instant and tell us what you think down the road. He's incredibly powerful squad stacker, but I agree his ability as I play it seems weak for his cost but he is an incredibly powerful squad stacker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necro Sam
msg tools
I almost posted this as a separate thread, but it relates to one of the first questions asked here.

In our Cave Evil crew, we have one player who seems to draw a Chaotic Collapse and uses it with extreme deadly force!
--You've already stated that each of the "d12 spaces" must be AWAY from the character, but does what you said about "counting un-excavated is okay" valid with Chaotic Collapse?
--If yes: In our most recent game, we argued that the collapse must begin in an excavated space. Was this correct?
--When the collapse tile is placed, can it go in any direction? For instance, let's say the collapse tile is a Great Hall. Can the Necromancer cast Chaotic Collapse d12 spaces down a hall then align the collapse all the way back up the hall?
--Related: Can the collapse begin in an excavated space, stretch through un-excavated space, and then affect another excavated space?

THANKS FOR THE AMAZING GAME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost posted this as a separate thread, but it relates to one of the first questions asked here.

In our Cave Evil crew, we have one player who seems to draw a Chaotic Collapse and uses it with extreme deadly force!
--You've already stated that each of the "d12 spaces" must be AWAY from the character, but does what you said about "counting un-excavated is okay" valid with Chaotic Collapse?

WELL, I WISH I COULD SAY THAT IT ALL HAD TO BE UNEXCAVATED HEXES BUT THE GAME MOST CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE COLLAPSES AT TIMES AND OTHER UNEXCAVATED SITUATIONS.

BUT...

--If yes: In our most recent game, we argued that the collapse must begin in an excavated space. Was this correct?

A COLLAPSE MUST ALWAYS BEGIN IN AN EXCAVATED AREA, ANY AREA BEYOND THE FIRST EXCAVATED HEX CAN BE ANYTHING (EXCEPT OBVIOUSLY SPAWN PITS, LAIRS AND JAGGED CORRUPTED STEEL.

AN EXCAVATION MUST BEGIN IN AN UNEXCAVATED AREA ADJACENT TO AN EXCAVATED
SPACE. ANY SPACE AFTER THIS FIRST SPACE CAN BE ANYTHING

ITEMS AND CREATURES MUST BE PLACED ON EXCAVATED SPACES.

--When the collapse tile is placed, can it go in any direction? For instance, let's say the collapse tile is a Great Hall. Can the Necromancer cast Chaotic Collapse d12 spaces down a hall then align the collapse all the way back up the hall?

NOT SUPPOSE TO. WE'D LIKE PLAYERS TO ALWAYS KEEP GOING IN THE SAID DIRECTION, BUT UNDERSTAND IF SITUATIONS ARISE IN WHICH THAT CAN NOT BE DONE.

--Related: Can the collapse begin in an excavated space, stretch through un-excavated space, and then affect another excavated space?

ABSOLUTELY. PLAYERS JUST MUST TRY TO ADHERE TO PLACING THE FIRST SPACE OF THE NEW TILE ON THE NOTED EXCAVATED AREA. ANY SPACE AFTER CAN BE ANYTHING. THEMATICALLY, THE SITUATION IS CRUMBLING SAID SPACE AND THE CEILING AROUND THAT SPACE ALSO FALLS, PERHAPS EVEN CAVING IN ANOTHER TUNNEL A FEW SPACES AWAY.

THANKS FOR THE AMAZING GAME!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING!! HAIL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.