Blue Tiger
Australia
flag msg tools
So I'm trying to understand how to use the Strong Points for the Germans. Why are there so many1 strength SPs when it seems logical that you would just use all the 4s, 3s, and 2s without ever needing the 1s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules outline how many of each strength you can use. Rule 18.9.2, you only get to use 46 total, of which only 15 are strength 4 and 15 are strength 3. Some play where the strongest SP's are placed at the beach hexes, resulting in mostly 3's and 4's being placed there. When I play solo I do a random draw placement. If you put your strongest SP's on the beach, Cherbourg defenses are gonna be weak. If I was playing as a German player in a ftf game I would put the strongest ones at the beach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Coleman
United States
Geismar
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that it would be a good idea to randomly pick from a cup and then place them because that would reflect the bombinb and ship bombardment that took place before the landings happened. Just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.