6 Posts

Thunderstone» Forums » General

Subject: Can't wait for translations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoff Lag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a french player I discovered Thunderstone thanks to the french edition (the seller suggested Thunderstone while I was going to purchase Dominion).

As a Thunderstone lover, I then bought Wrath of the Elements.

Now all the 3 other boxes are available in english but only Doomgate Legion exists in french. And we have almost no news of when Thornwood / Dragon Spire will be available.

So the question is this : this game can be played with cards from any language ?
Can I consider buying Doomgate Legion in french and the other boxes in english and play all boxes at the same time ?

Thanks for your input if anyone encountered the same issue !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Collins
France
Boisset les Montrond
Loire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the english version (when it came out), and have since thought about buying the french expansions (since i'm french).
Yes of course you can mix n match french cards with english cards: the english on the cards is fairly easy (it's easy to guess what "attack+1" means even if you're french!)

A few cards have a bit more text, but they're easy to translate (and you can always ask a fellow geek some help if needed!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoff Lag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've discovered with the french box of Wrath of the Elements that there are no dividers.

Are there any differences between english and french release of Doomgate Legion ? Do you know if there will be any concerning DragonSpire and Thornwood Siege ?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Collins
France
Boisset les Montrond
Loire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly don't know of any differences between the french and the orignial versions. Have you tried asking on french gaming websites (trictrac & jeuxsurunplateau ) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should go on the edge French forum.
It is the official one.
You will have answers about coming productions/translations.
Dragonspire is about to be translated, I believe.

Questions are also answered quite fast over there.

Link : http://www.edgeent.com/v2_fr/edge_foros_temas.asp?efid=159&e...

I also crafted dividers - I can send them to you (in Word format).

BTW, I also recently purchased TS, WE and DL in the French version.
I am not impatient about having the other expansions: the game has quite enough depth to keep me occupied for a long time before I want more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoff Lag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some french forums exist for this but the main player giving informations about the translations always use the "conditional".

I will buy Doomgate Legion in french so that I can wait a bit longer for Dragon Spire.

Robin, I will be gratefull if you can send them here : yoffroy at yahoo.fr

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.