Memoir '44: Campaign Book Volume 2» Forums » General

Subject: Multi-player Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eamon Honan
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently played through the Barbarossa Campaign with some friends. We played it in a day, with three players on the Soviet side and three on the German, playing three games simultaneously.

It was tremendous fun and I think in some ways even better than Overlord.

Is there a campaign in the second campaign book that can be played like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that each of the German players commanded a 'branch' of the campaign? Like, Armeegruppe North, Center and South? So the battles took place and the campaigns advanced at the same time, roughly like in reality?
In CB vol. 2 there is a Breakthrough Campaign called 'Break Through Normandy', which depicts British and American operations from D-Day paradrops through the liberation of Normandy, and you could play both the American and British campaigns simultaneously. Both consist of two smaller branch campaigns with three scenarios each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like another person who would like to see an Overlord Campaign...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
SammySnijbonen wrote:
In CB vol. 2 there is a Breakthrough Campaign called 'Brak Through Normandy', which depicts British and American operations from D-Day paradrops through the liberation of Normandy, and you could play both the American and British campaigns simultaneously. Both consist of two smaller branch campaigns with three scenarios each.

Excellent suggestion... you'll need two Breakthrough sets, though - but that would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
Excellent suggestion... you'll need two Breakthrough sets, though - but that would be awesome.

True, but you could remedy the need for two breakthrough sets in a number of ways:

- use the desert/winter breakthrough board that's already included in the set.
- use the blank paper map that's on the other side of the scenario that's included with the carrying bag.
- assuming that between you and your friends you've got more than one copy of the base game (a logical assumption, since you were able to play a campaign side by side already) you can always put two boards above each other and 'fill' the medal rows with home-made (printed) blank terrain hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brazee
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Well, rave on Its a crazy feeling and I know its got me reeling
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is weird in that I am doing the same thing. I am doing it solo, but I am playing the first two scenarios of the US and UK at the same time. They both use the limited Night sight rule. I am using the same chart for both scenarios since they both happened on June 6. My plan is to do each scenario from the 2 mini campaigns (UK and US) in chronological. Sometimes that means playing 2 at a time. Other times just 1.

I have 2 of almost all the M44 stuff including the BT boards and cards from Winter wars.

BTW - It looks really cool set up on my dining room table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must not be married or have young children... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brazee
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Well, rave on Its a crazy feeling and I know its got me reeling
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
You must not be married or have young children... whistle

Correct 2 daughters 15 and 20 but recently divorced one year. I like to think of it as my mid-life crises Memoir '44 style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panzer 9000
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could have one player playing each of the islands.

P.S. I also had the same idea but I don't have enough people to play it with (Or enough terrain)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ZoBell
United States
North Salt Lake
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kindermord wrote:
I recently played through the Barbarossa Campaign with some friends. We played it in a day, with three players on the Soviet side and three on the German, playing three games simultaneously.

It was tremendous fun and I think in some ways even better than Overlord.

Is there a campaign in the second campaign book that can be played like this?

Is this the event you participated in?

http://joyandforgetfulness.blogspot.com/2012/01/memoir-44-ca...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eamon Honan
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, that's the one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.