Martin Lison
Germany
Siegburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi @ all geeks

Someone is selling an Axis and Allies Europe !940 on German Ebay at the moment. I own the former version of the game and i would love to buy the new version. Unfortunately i cant't find a shop which has it on storage and the ebayprice is enormously high. (~ 200€)

I know that price always depends on supply and demand. But let's be serious. The manufacturing of a game usually cost one-tenth of the price it's been sold in shop. I hope this question is not to indiscreet but what would be the biggest amount you would pay for the game? Are some plastic figures and half of a map really 200€ worth? Thanks for your opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
In the UK it was £75. Is it out of print then? I thought you could still get it in the shops.

Personally I think it's great, (the combined 1940s games are my favourite Axis and Allies so far) but I don't think I'd pay that much for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: how much is the fish? Axis Allies Europe 1940 and its "real" worth.
The game really shines, IMhO, when linked up with A&A Pac40. I believe its value is dependent on how much you like Axis and Allies Global 1940.

If you haven't had a chance to play Global 1940 before, I recommend trying a PBEM or Play by Forum game or two (epecially using the latest Harris revised rules) to 'try before you buy'. I tried it in person at TABSCON, then played a couple of solitare computerized games, and was hooked.

N.B. Not to toot my own horn, but the copy I have listed in the BGG marketplace ($160 US) + the estimated shipping via Canada Post's Intl. Surface to Germany ($43 Cdn) works out to ~155 Euros. Not that this is necessarily the right value in an objective sense... but it is about 50 Euros cheaper than the 200 you mentioned at the start.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.