RoboRally: Armed and Dangerous» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Goo" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rsl 73

Netherlands
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired Armed and Dangerous which I was very happy about because of the option cards. However not all of them were completely clear to us. So I have some questions about Goo:

1. Does a Goo drop remain in play after a robot has broken free from it?

2. When a robot is stuck in a Goo drop it can’t be pushed by another robot. However does the push action from the ‘pushing robot’ count up to the “attempts to move a total of four squares in any direction”?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well here are two ways to play with it.

1. the goo is destroyed when a robot moves off it so therefore remove it from the board

or

2. The goo stays there for the rest of the game so that makes it pretty nasty if you put it next to a flag.

I would go for the former solution for alot of the OPTIONS use one shot items like MINES or the such therefore if a robot moves into the GOO it will rip it up when it leaves.

If you do use the latter choice then I would set some rules of it can't be placed on the flag or conveyors.

Now as for the 'push' problem I would say why not, why wouldn't a robot pushing the one stuck not help his little buddy in the effort ,but then he would have to be 'pushing' in the same direction to get the 4 squares required to move. Therefore if you have Robot A going straight and is GOOed and Robot B is pushing from the left, lets just see who gets that 4 movement first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
j-train1 wrote:
Now as for the 'push' problem I would say why not, why wouldn't a robot pushing the one stuck not help his little buddy in the effort ,but then he would have to be 'pushing' in the same direction to get the 4 squares required to move. Therefore if you have Robot A going straight and is GOOed and Robot B is pushing from the left, lets just see who gets that 4 movement first.

If you'll pardon a little thread necromancy...

The direction of movement/pushing doesn't matter. Any 4 squares of attempted movement in any combination of directions will break the goo.

The goo is one square in front of the robot.
The robot executes a Move 2.
The robot moves one square and is stuck, but the goo has taken one point of "damage". (The goo needs to take three more "damage" to be destroyed.)
Another robot comes along and tries to push the robot to the left one space. The goo takes another point of damage - 2 points left.
The robot executes a Back Up.
The robot doesn't move, but the goo takes one more point of damage - 1 to go.
The robot executes a Rotate Right.
The robot turns right, nothing happens to the goo.
The robot executes a Move 3.
The first space of the robot's movement is "absorbed" by the goo, doing the last point of "damage" to the goo, destroying it.
The goo is removed from the board, and the robot moves 2 spaces forward.

Here's a scenario that isn't quite clear in the rules:

A robot gets stuck in goo, and does, say, 2 points of "damage" to the goo (it has two left).
Then the robot is destroyed, and therefore removed from the goo space. The next archive copy of the robot appears on the robot's archive location.
What is the state of the goo? If another robot gets stuck in the goo, does it need to do four points of movement to get out, or only two? What if the same robot gets stuck in the goo (such as if the goo happens to be on his archive location)?

There is no means provided to keep track of the damage done to goo for the long term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.