3rd edition adventure cards (136)
3rd edition spell cards (30)
1st edition purchase ards (35)
2nd edition alignment cards (4)
2nd edition toad cards (4)
2nd edition talisman cards (4)
2nd edition rule book
homemade paper counters and coins
and a "kinda very damaged" 1st edition box!

according to the seller this stuff is supposed to work fine together and is fully playable and i just need to ignore the "fate" thing on the character cards.
to be honest I really like this. but i'll buy it only if these cards can be used together. what do you guys suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Erm... no. Save your money and buy a 4th edition.

Although - to answer your question - I'd say the game will work this way (the editions are more or less similar). But the collector in me finds it abhorrent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will also answer no. But it's because I think Talisman is boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how 4th edition character cards mesh with 3rd edition cards, but I suspect they would work OK.
Everything else should be possible to mix without problems, I believe.
The big question, however, is if you want to expand the game at a later point. If so, I would go for a complete 4th edition rather than the mixed box you have found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I. J. Thompson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Avoid. By all means try the game, but if you buy that dog's breakfast and like the game, you'll be kicking yourself for not simply picking up the lovely FFG version... which you ultimately will, picking up at least a couple of expansions, as well (assuming you enjoy the game). So, the money spent on that mishmash will have been wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.