Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a cross-posted response to the section on the site regarding the creation of hex-shaped wooden game pieces, located here: http://bit.ly/wf4IQF

Just discovered the web site last night, and I’m already tempted to take a shot at building it.

In thinking about this though, I have some basic woodworking skills but no table saw (and I’d be uncomfortable working on something this small even if I had one, I think), and many potential players may not even have that. so I was curious if anyone has yet tried alternatives such as maybe metal hex nuts with the printed game tiles affixed to the top (the hole in the middle would probably have to be filled with something).. or simply not using hexes for the pieces and using discs instead, which would be very easily and cheaply cut from a wooden dowel from a home improvement or craft store.

If not, if I get motivated enough to build this I’ll have to discuss how the results turned out – just not sure how soon that will happen as I’m not sure who I know who would be interested in playing this type of game, unfortunately…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.