Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: ambush question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob Friedman
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
If you play will focus or concentration on ambush, what happens? Do you get a bonus on just the move or a bonus on the move and the attack/block bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
You get extra move points. Everything else is a special effect of the card. Will Focus/Concentration say that you get extra Move, Influence, Attack, or Block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Simus
msg tools
Hello,

I'm a relatively new player of mage Knight. I'm currently playing a solo game and trying to optimize and attack on a keep. I have the luck to have 2 green mana to boost the CONCENTRATION and AMBUSH cards, and I'm lucky enough to also have the BATTLE VERSATILITY card.

Is it legit to use the AMBUSH bonus attack with the BATTLE VERSATILITY that I would be playing with the CONCENTRATION boost?

The AMBUSH card says that the bonus apply to the first ATTACK card, so that would give me a nice Siege attack 6.

"adding +2 to my first attack" (ambush text card) that has an "amount plus 2" (concentration card text) of a "Siege attack 2" (battle versatile text card) does sound like a coherent phrasing. Am I twisting the english langage? (It is not my mother tongue...)

Let me know what you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remis wrote:
Hello,

I'm a relatively new player of mage Knight. I'm currently playing a solo game and trying to optimize and attack on a keep. I have the luck to have 2 green mana to boost the CONCENTRATION and AMBUSH cards, and I'm lucky enough to also have the BATTLE VERSATILITY card.

Is it legit to use the AMBUSH bonus attack with the BATTLE VERSATILITY that I would be playing with the CONCENTRATION boost?

The AMBUSH card says that the bonus apply to the first ATTACK card, so that would give me a nice Siege attack 6.

"adding +2 to my first attack" (ambush text card) that has an "amount plus 2" (concentration card text) of a "Siege attack 2" (battle versatile text card) does sound like a coherent phrasing. Am I twisting the english langage? (It is not my mother tongue...)

Let me know what you think!

That sounds correct. Unlike the OP, you are not concentrating on Ambush, but rather concentrating on Battle Versatility, so the attack bonus from Concentration applies there; and Ambush’ attack bonus applies to the concentrated B.V., assuming that was the first attack card you played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Simus
msg tools
Thank you Trevin for your reply.

That ambush card is amazing.

I'm completing my solo blitz conquest and I'm about to attack the city. I (still) have the AMBUSH card and I also have the HORN OF WRATH artefact. (I find myself pretty lucky!)

I'm wondering if I could use the "Add +2 to your first attack card of any type" (ambush text) with the Siege Attack + 6 of my artefact. Can I consider my artefact as an attack card? Usually, when they want to restrict the bonuses effect of a card (for example, CONCENTRATION), the text states "action card effect". The ambush card text states "attack card"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
remis wrote:
I'm wondering if I could use the "Add +2 to your first attack card of any type" (ambush text) with the Siege Attack + 6 of my artefact. Can I consider my artefact as an attack card? Usually, when they want to restrict the bonuses effect of a card (for example, CONCENTRATION), the text states "action card effect". The ambush card text states "attack card"...

You answer your own question.

Artefacts are not Action cards, as concentration specifies action cards, it does not boost them.

Artefacts can be attack cards, as such horn of wrath would be boosted with Ambush. (I'd suggest that ambush works just as well on sideways cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.