Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: mana draw question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob Friedman
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
If you play mana draw using a white crystal in your inventory, and then "set" a die in the source to receive two tokens, have you "used" a die from the source. Sounds stupid, but whether you have used any mana from the source is relevant for some skills.

Also, I believe this has been covered, but you can use mana draw to "set" a black/gold die to a different color, correct?

And is it intended that mana draw can create black tokens or was that a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
(1) No you have not used your one mana from the source.
(2) Yes you can set any die to a different color.
(3) Yes you can set the die to black, but you still are unable to use black mana during the day, unless in a Dungeon, Tomb, or after playing the Amulet of Darkness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Miller
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Pat said.

Another tidbit about this card that isn't 100% clear from the wording is that you don't return the die to the source until the end of the turn - at the same time that you would return your "regular" source die. So not only does this die not count as your "one per turn" die from the source, you actually cannot select it for your "one per turn" die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason R
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMoor213 wrote:

but you still are unable to use black mana during the day, unless in a Dungeon, Tomb, or after playing the Amulet of Darkness

Is that what they mean by night combat rules, you can use a black die for spells and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
jr4417 wrote:
CMoor213 wrote:

but you still are unable to use black mana during the day, unless in a Dungeon, Tomb, or after playing the Amulet of Darkness

Is that what they mean by night combat rules, you can use a black die for spells and such?

Yes it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMoor213 wrote:
(3) Yes you can set the die to black, but you still are unable to use black mana during the day, unless in a Dungeon, Tomb, or after playing the Amulet of Darkness

One other question I had about this.. if I understand it correctly, it will give you 3 mana total? One die plus 2 crystals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
leshrac55 wrote:
CMoor213 wrote:

One other question I had about this.. if I understand it correctly, it will give you 3 mana total? One die plus 2 crystals?

No, just the two crystals; the die you pull from the source to set to a side is NOT available for use as mana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember it's tokens, not crystals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.