Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a chance to play the game, but I wanted to post about the development on this title from a production perspective. It is jaw dropping. John Foley is the man. I wish most developers had half the energy and skills you do. In particular, in the FAB: Sicily package there is:

1) *Another* one sheet beginners game
2) A 10+ page example of play, going through every single phase in detail
3) Outstanding (color as everything else is) rules reference cards and reinforcement sheet
4) Rules reference for changes made to the original series rules (small, save for perhaps the supply change)

Obviously, I can't comment on the developer's biggest job, playtesting and balancing. But all this other stuff is way above and beyond. I wish you could work on every wargame I get, then these games might get on the table more often!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Spinello
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
This game reminds me of Fighting Formations based on the quality of components and the sheer amount of great stuff that comes in the box. And the playbook is a wonderful bonus.
Yes, the intro scenario is very welcome as well. The intro scenario in FAB Bulge is what helped me get into that game quickly.
Just received Sicily and it is on my table. Haven't gotten into it yet, but the map is huge and beautiful and I look forward to future battles on the home turf of my ancestors, SICILY

John S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve, thank you most sincerely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Foley is Da Man, is he not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He is indeed da man !!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.