Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't be the first to make the connection, assuming there is one, but I didn't see any previous posts. Has anyone noticed that the quotes on the first two Thunderstone cards are from Judas Priest songs?

I.E.

Stone of Mystery: "...and the thunder of the wind shouts back" - is from the song "Grinder"

Stone of Agony: "...thunderbolts from hell, shattering aloud." - is from the song "Riding on the Wind"

As a metal fan, I could hear Rob Halford's voice saying those lyrics as I read the cards. surprise Any comment from anyone from AEG? Maybe some Priest fans in the house?

It looks like the newer Thunderstone cards either don't have quotes or are not from songs (at least any that I am familiar with). Do I smell a cease-and-desist letter? zombie

Just wondering if I'm imagining this or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not know that (I'm clearly not a very good metalhead), but I vaguely recall something about the quotes from the Thunderstones being able to be put together and form a prophecy of some sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol i wondered what the significance of those were!

AEG rocks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
Killer Spaceman wrote:
AEG rocks

Literally! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually never bothered reading those texts from the thunderstone cards as of yet.
If I find anything of interest, I'll edit this

-edit- well I googled some of the other phrases because nothing screamed out to me, and well.... nothing came up on google either.
So I guess there's two JP quotes and that's it.
Cool that they are, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.